Advanced search

to be annoyed with supermarket........................ this is tooo too much

(14 Posts)
ScareyBitchFeast Sun 05-Oct-08 20:25:27

one ailse, half taken up with halloween
half taken up with christmas!!

aaaaaaaaaaargh

andyrobo237 Sun 05-Oct-08 20:27:27

Well it is October you know! They will be getting the spring/summer stuff out on Boxing Day!

ScareyBitchFeast Sun 05-Oct-08 20:28:32

you are right,
they definately want us to spend in advance.
xmas used to be after mid november,

ScareyBitchFeast Sun 05-Oct-08 20:28:58

actually there are easter eggs on boxing day.
bloody materialistic money grabbing fatcats

schwotz Sun 05-Oct-08 20:29:19

shop online instead

chegirl Sun 05-Oct-08 20:29:44

Last year my local Sainsburys removed ALL of the Halloween stuff on 30th October. Went in to get a few bits for the kids and all I could find were Christmas trees and tinsel. Now that WAS annoying.

ScareyBitchFeast Sun 05-Oct-08 20:30:07

i did contemplate it, really i did, but i needed petrol
and i hate online shopping

Habbibu Sun 05-Oct-08 20:30:40

I hate this too, but what gets me is that is people didn't buy it, they wouldn't do it. So who does buy all their Christmas stuff in September?

ScareyBitchFeast Sun 05-Oct-08 20:30:45

that's annoying i agree chegirl, quite often they reduce it afterwards shock

noonki Sun 05-Oct-08 20:33:11

wrong wrong wrong

ScareyBitchFeast Sun 05-Oct-08 20:35:41

okkay some people do buy throughout the year for chirstmas, but not chocolate tins and other supervmarket stuff surely

chegirl Sun 05-Oct-08 20:37:44

I noticed this last Easter as well. I am used to leaving things to the last minute because I am an obessive bargain hunter. Got completly caught out as all the Easter eggs were cleared early.

It seems we are being forced into buying Halloween stuff in September and Christmas stuff ditto just in case the take it all away!

Its annoying if you take your kids shopping too. My DS2 has got language and learning diffs. Try explaining to him that its 3 months till Christmas when there are rows and rows of 'seasonal products' twinkling at him.

tigger32 Sun 05-Oct-08 20:40:26

It's way too early for this stuff, a woman the other day let her 3 little ones choose an advent calender each "it was september" surley they will have changed their minds in a couple of months!

ScareyBitchFeast Sun 05-Oct-08 20:41:17

exactly - it builds up christmas so much that it is askign for disappointment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: