Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed that i cant get a enginneer out until tuesday

(12 Posts)
tots2ten Sat 04-Oct-08 15:15:39

My boiler broke down this morning, it is covered by extended warrenty, so i phoned them only to be told that it is not classed as a emergency, I have 5 children, the baby is 19weeks.

The earlest that they can get one out is tuesday morning.

NotCod Sat 04-Oct-08 15:16:24

offer sex

NotCod Sat 04-Oct-08 15:16:47

<readspost>
oh no seems liek you haev quite enough of that

Overmydeadbody Sat 04-Oct-08 15:17:49

you mean you didn't offer sex?

Actually, isn't tuesday morning pretty good? that's, like, two working days?

tots2ten Sat 04-Oct-08 15:25:16

On the extended warrenty paperwork, they state they call out next working day, (which would be monday), and for emergencies they call out weekends, but the enginneer that normally call out here, already has bookings for tomorrow.

The first person i spok to class emergency call-outs as: homes where elderly people live, and homes where there are children under the age of 5, (i have 3 under 5's)

TheInvisibleManDidIt Sat 04-Oct-08 16:14:10

what's wrong with it?

tots2ten Sat 04-Oct-08 16:59:41

the water pump has gone again, dp is going to hit the pump later. its the same problem everytime, (we are on first name terms with the enginneer) for some reason it was a design fault and it never had a filter built into the pump so any sediment builds up and eventually blocks the outlet on the pump.

TheInvisibleManDidIt Sat 04-Oct-08 20:34:41

ah ok. Work for a gas maintenance company and if it was minor thing may have been able to help.

Not with water pump though. Maybe they've said no call out to tues as they know it's a part issue?

I would call back and ask them for temporary heaters meantime. You are an 'emergency' call out. If they're unable to attend they should be offering some alternative form of heating.

superdenki Sat 04-Oct-08 21:12:11

what TIMDI said, it's unreasonable to leave you without heat for 3 days. Bizarrely our plumber phoned me this morning out of the blue, asking when he could come and service our boiler!!! shock

frasersmummy Sat 04-Oct-08 21:23:28

When our boiler broke down british gas spun me much the same line. I told them I had a little one under 2 and they decided I was a priorty and got someone the same day

I would call them back and tell them you need hot water and heat for the kids.

tots2ten Sat 04-Oct-08 22:59:43

I will ring back on monday as there is no-one there tomorrow, and ask if i could be put on the emergnency list for the day.

I have had the boiler serviced, but every bloody winter it stops working, its only 5 yrs old, and i know the enginneer thankfully it is always the same person and he knows the boiler. I am looking into replacing the boiler, i have had enough. If it gets too cold i will sleep down my mums tomorrow night.

Best bit is my hot water works (combi boiler) kids have gone to bed in nighties/pj's jumpers and fleece blankets, babies have gone to bed with sleepsuits/vests/socks and hundreds of blankets. it is not too cold upstairs (yet)

ChirpyGirl Sun 05-Oct-08 16:22:27

Hey t2t, let me know if you need an extra duvet!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: