Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to want to buy lots of things I can't afford and sod the consequences?

(9 Posts)
EyeballsintheSky Sat 04-Oct-08 12:29:55

After a very happy chat with our mortgage company (one of the safer ones, if there is such a thing!) it seems we can move house next year which we really want to do.

But I am sorely tempted to order lots of lovely new furniture etc and bung it on my credit card whether we can afford it or not (we can't). I'm sick of being skint and want nice things.

Disclaimer: This is a light hearted thread and of course I wouldn't do such a thing but you know sometimes you just think bugger this...

Please give me permission to do this

expatinscotland Sat 04-Oct-08 12:31:56

I think you should spend it all on a handbag instead.

NotDoingTheHousework Sat 04-Oct-08 12:33:10

Message withdrawn

pinkspottywellies Sat 04-Oct-08 12:33:38

You may. (After all everyone else does [bitter]! I know exactly how you feel!)

EyeballsintheSky Sat 04-Oct-08 12:33:51

What a really big designer handbag? One of those massseeeeve ones? I suppose we could live it it as well.

FrockHorror Sat 04-Oct-08 12:36:13

I felt like this yesterday but my version of buying nice things is generally clothes for the DCs hmm. Would be soooo nice to go and splash the cash (I haven't got) on something nice for myself, maybe a cardigan and pair of boots or something

So no, YANBU grin

findtheriver Sat 04-Oct-08 12:42:12

Shoes are the way to go. Get yourself 500 pairs grin

EyeballsintheSky Sat 04-Oct-08 12:51:55

Ah but then I'd need an even bigger house to store the 500 pairs of shoes... Being rich is a vicious circle isn't it? <<big sigh>>

I'd cope though...

Oh go on actually I'm going to blow my family allowance (child benefit for all yuo youngins grin) when I get it on Tuesday gona have a ball in Primark grin well I can dream it's prada can't I, will probably end up spending it all on the kids anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now