Talk

Advanced search

to find out today that my friend has a London Marathon place 2009 and I haven't..

(6 Posts)
izzysauntyclaire Fri 03-Oct-08 22:12:00

We both applied at the same time and do all our running together, but I haven't got a place....anyone got any ideas? I will probably run for a charity but my usual one, cancer research, which I feel passionate about and therefore more able to raise money for, have no charity places left so am a bit gutted. Obviously, my friend is over the moon, and I'm chuffed for her and I will do all the training with her, but would love to be running alongside her in London. Looking forward to hearing from anyone in the know.....
I know this might sound like a silly problem co,mpared with what some people are coping with at the minute, but hoping someone can help! Thankyou x

hatwoman Fri 03-Oct-08 22:14:11

have you tried that sort of clearing website for charity places? let me see if I can find it for you

hatwoman Fri 03-Oct-08 22:18:31

here it is: crunch. I got a place last year for a brilliant medical charity called Merlin - but had to ditch it sad because I thought I was coming back from holiday the day before but in fact was coming back the day of the marathon. very out of practice at the moment and I think I've left it too late for next year...but then again...it's still 6 months away...hmmm

izzysauntyclaire Fri 03-Oct-08 22:20:52

Thankyou, off to have a look now! will let you know how I get on!

izzysauntyclaire Fri 03-Oct-08 22:36:18

just had a look, what a good site, a bit sad though when I look at the list and nothing that really grabs me, I don;t feel particularly passionate about raising money for any of those because a - the majority of them are in London or the South (I live in Newcastle) and b - they aren't charities I have any connection with if you know what I mean.
Maybe I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself cos I'm just feeling bit gutted so think I might sleep on it and have a word with myself...look with fresh eyes in the morning but thankyou anyway hatwoman!

hatwoman Fri 03-Oct-08 22:50:02

when i looked at merlin last year they were doing some brilliant work training much needed midwives in Afghanistan - which was something I felt I could relate to and perhaps get my friends to relate to as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now