Talk

Advanced search

to be a bit [hmm] at friend?

(23 Posts)
maybeishouldntjudge Fri 03-Oct-08 15:34:38

I have namechanged as I think it's possible friend lurks here.

Today I went to the park with my dc after school. Friend arrived with her dc (dd 6, and ds 2.5). As soon as she arrived she said "please excuse the smell but ds did a pooh just before I came to school to collect dd." this was 20 minutes earlier and she lives a 10 min walk from school so her ds had already been in a dirty nappy for half an hour by then.

So we all stood in the park and chatted and chatted while the children played. We were there for about an hour. Then she said "well I'd better go home and change ds." So this child had been running around the park, sliding up and down the slide, climbing around etc, all the while being in a dirty nappy sad.

Imo it's one thing if kids have a pooh while they're off playing and parents are oblivious, but to leave a child playing in a dirty nappy for an hour and a half?

ibu to be a bit hmm about this?

MissisBoot Fri 03-Oct-08 15:35:48

YANBU - That's disgusting - poor little chap.

JuneBugJen Fri 03-Oct-08 15:36:47

Was DS unhappy about it?

Better to have her DS in pooey nappy and happy at the park than to have run home and missed out like some mums I have known would do!

Its a bit hmm but I have done worse things for my dcs!

maybeishouldntjudge Fri 03-Oct-08 15:38:14

no he seemed ok.

But she even joked that he would be red waw by the time she changed him.

And another friend offered to watch her dd while she took ds home to change him but she declined, despite the fact she does regularly leave her dd with this friend so not an issue there.

MorningTownRide Fri 03-Oct-08 15:38:23

YA So NU - It's not the disgustingness that bothers me.

His bum was probabley raw

maybeishouldntjudge Fri 03-Oct-08 15:38:39

red raw even.

mazzystar Fri 03-Oct-08 15:39:02

not very nice

but sometimes i suppose you do whatever you have to do to get through the day. i presume she feeds her children, generally keeps them clean and it isn't a symptom of generalised neglect.

i dunno

[it wasn't me btw]

Tamarto Fri 03-Oct-08 15:39:19

Why poor little chap if the child wasn't bothered?

My DS would have been more upset at not being able to play at the park so i'd have left him too, maybe not for an hour though.

QueenMary Fri 03-Oct-08 15:40:09

If it's the worst thing she does as a parent then her kids are very lucky.

It obviously didn't bother her ds. Boys have an amazing ability to sit in their own poo unperturbed. I think it's a man thing.

jesuswhatnext Fri 03-Oct-08 15:40:34

why could'nt she change him at park?

what the buggery are cahnge bags and mats for?

imo - lazy cow

maybeishouldntjudge Fri 03-Oct-08 15:40:50

I also know she did similar with a friends child. Friend dropped her child off for a couple of hours, and when she came back she said that he'd done a pooh as soon as she'd left and she'd left it for her to change when she got back. hmm no I wouldn't say he's neglectful but she is definitely an all about me kind of person.

AbbaFan Fri 03-Oct-08 15:41:02

That is just not nice.

YANBU

jesuswhatnext Fri 03-Oct-08 15:42:23

ffs - it only takes a couple of minutes to change even a shitty bum

maybeishouldntjudge Fri 03-Oct-08 15:42:24

friend never left her child with her again btw.

And she lives a two minute walk from park so could have been there and back in 10 mins.

S1ur Fri 03-Oct-08 15:43:46

Nope NBU. that is pretty grim. and more to the point will irritate his skin.

I don't give a flying monkeys whether the small child would rather be playing in poo or changed - it is the adult who has foresight and understanding to attempt to prevent nappy rash.

Surely there were other things she could have done?

changed him there.
nipped into loo and wiped him using toilet roll and water.

Dropdeadfred Fri 03-Oct-08 15:44:52

jesus - are they still friends?

S1ur Fri 03-Oct-08 15:44:52

Clearly not crime of the century just not winning any parent awards here either

Habbibu Fri 03-Oct-08 15:46:41

I'd just change dd in the park - nappy kit in bag all the time anyway. How unpleasant.

Sunflower100 Fri 03-Oct-08 15:49:54

YANBU - thats horrible! Poor child

FAQ Fri 03-Oct-08 15:55:42

<<<<<wonders if this was her as she has often woken up DS3 from his nap, to discover smelly bottom, but due to collect DS1 from school so has shoved him in the pushchair, and then gone to the shop on the way back home>>>>>>>

kitbit Fri 03-Oct-08 15:58:41

Even if she didn't want to do the full lie down/wash/wipe etc she could at least have changed the nappy to take the poo away. Some people are weird.

cat64 Fri 03-Oct-08 16:01:27

Message withdrawn

Turniphead1 Fri 03-Oct-08 16:09:28

That's horrible. I wouldn't want to leave a child like that - think it's most unfair. And if it was one of mind I would know (from a selfish point of view) that the poo would be out the legs too after all the sliding down/running about. Mind you the Turnip children have notoriously loose poos grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now