Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to type out DD's 'day thank yous but get her to write her name?

(6 Posts)
Lowfat Thu 02-Oct-08 21:27:24

DD has just started in Reception class so is learning to write.

I insist she has to write thank you letters for her 5th b'day gifts. But then I have to handwrite them and I get mild RSI (carpel tunnel syndrome actually).

So I sat with her at the PC and we wrote a thank you letter to each person - all personal, 3 paragrphs, and ended as 'lots of love from'

Then I print and she writes her names in her neatest (often back to front) handwriting.

AIBU

Hulababy Thu 02-Oct-08 21:28:07

Perfectly acceptable

dooneygirl Thu 02-Oct-08 21:30:55

I always have had my 2 sign their names since they were about 2. It isn't that they're incredibly gifted and could already write their name, but I always thought they should do a little bit to be involved, and it just seemed more personal than me doing everything. We've never had big parties, just family and a few close friends, and I know the family loved their little scribbles, and at least some of the parents of the friends thought it was cute.

Lowfat Thu 02-Oct-08 21:33:12

We always have thank you's. Before D could write it a a hand print. But since she was 3 I have writen her name in pencil and she has gone over it in a felt.

But this is the first time I have typed a letter and I feel a bit odd about it. But writing and gripping a pen makes my hand ache ATM

Lowfat Thu 02-Oct-08 21:34:36

And if you see typos tonight it is hand ache as I am freezing and Dh says no heating blush sad

YANBU for typing and printing. My thank you's from my godson have always been that way, and I just love to recieve them. They go on my fridge I like them that much smile

If you feel that bad, can you add some Clipart graphics on the bottom of the letters that your DD can colour in?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now