Talk

Advanced search

to order DD home NOW.

(6 Posts)
DisasterArea Thu 02-Oct-08 18:35:44

DD1 is 12. is going away for weekend with mate and mate's family. i am working tomorrow and won't see her from the time she goes to school tomorrow until probably monday evening.
she went off to town after school to buy supplies then phoned to ask if she could stay at mates house to make a cake.
is getting dark now. she has had no tea. she needs to do all homework that needs to be in before next tuesday and practice her flute.
so i just called to tell her sto come home. she does the teenage oh mum, you are ruining my life spiel then hung up on me!
gah - is this the future for the next 6 years? does she not care she won't see me till monday? have i ruined her life by ordering her home?

MaureenMLove Thu 02-Oct-08 18:43:24

Good god no!!! You did absolutely the right thing, in the mind of an adult! In the mind of a 12 year old, however, you are the scum of the earth! grin

My dd is 12 too, so I totally feel your pain. If it were my dd, I'd get in the car and go and collect her from her friends and send her to her room, until she'd done everything she needed to do. She's being an ungrateful little moobag! YA most definately NBU!

DisasterArea Thu 02-Oct-08 18:49:40

<<whispers>> she's home. in a strop because i've ruined her fun. but has warmed up tea and wasn't advers t my suggestion of music practice. as in. god mum in a minute. huf huf.

MaureenMLove Thu 02-Oct-08 20:59:16

Only just got back on. I had to have a rl for a minute there! shock

Glad she's softened slightly. I was baddie of the week this morning because I couldn't find the USC stick to print her homework again, that SHE lost!!

smartiejake Thu 02-Oct-08 21:50:36

Been there done that bought the t shirt and the t shirt factory! DOn't you just love it when they try to blame you for their short comings!

Actually my dd has been alot better recently (unles pmt rears its head which when it does is quite spectacular.)

I have a new pocket money incentive for my her. She starts with £3 at the beginning of the week and can "earn" an extra 50p per day for being compliant, not rude and doing her guitar practise with out argument.

However if she is rude/ argumentative she loses 50p. She was a bit hmm at first as used to get £5 a week but has worked out she could earn £6.50 if well behaved.

Works a treat!

rubyloopy Fri 03-Oct-08 10:36:39

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now