Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be narked that everyone insists on waking my sleeping baby!

(7 Posts)
Pinkmist Thu 02-Oct-08 13:40:05

Dropped ds1 off at nursery, and took a walk up the street knowing the pram always puts ds2 to sleep. Get home, just waking down the garden when the postman comes bounding over talking at 1000 times the normal volume (this postman has a habbit of waking ds2!).
So come in and give ds2 a feed, just finish and he's just gone off to sleep when the stupid e'on man bangs really hard on the door! He then insists on talking none stop again in a huge roaring voice waking him!
! I don't care if he could save me money on my gas and electric, british gas never bother me when I want my lunch!
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 02-Oct-08 14:53:44

its annoying when people do wake up your child, and then they are grumpy

i would try and make more noise abound your ds2, so in general he gets used to it iykwim

i normally tell new parents not to creep around baby, to carry on with life as usual by hoovering, having tv on etc

maybe put a note on door saying baby asleep and to knock quietly and dont ring bell etc

Madsometimes Thu 02-Oct-08 14:57:38

YANBU. A baby's nap time is a mother's time to catch up on sanity. I'm guessing ds1 is only at nursery for the afternoon. If that is the case, then I would be very upset if someone woke up my baby! Half day nursery sessions go by in an instant.

Obviously they did not do this on purpose and could not have known that you had a sleeping baby - but even so YANBU grin

OLIVIASMAMA Thu 02-Oct-08 15:46:40

Had the very same today - selfish gits, poor postman had to pick his head up and put it back on!

Pinkmist Thu 02-Oct-08 16:03:36

Yep, half day session. Dropped him off at half 3, after going up the street I got back at 1ish, and picked him back up at 3. And now ds2 has gone to sleep, but ds1 peed himself on the doorstep after yet another accident at nursery.
Who said this job was easy grin

flourybaps Thu 02-Oct-08 16:07:20

yanbu at all

My neighbours have been rowing for the past hour, all the way through dd nap, lots of slaming doors etc....... cant get to enjoy mumsnet in peace!

glitterchick Thu 02-Oct-08 20:03:33

Oh God. That is such a PITA. UANBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now