Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you be annoyed or not?

(19 Posts)
nolongeraworriedmummy Thu 02-Oct-08 09:53:59

I probably am BU

I took dd off pack lunches last school year because its bloody freezing here and I wanted her to have hot food.

She came home yesterday and said she had had to have sandwiches because theyre wasnt enough hot food for her to have any as she is on second sitting.

This isnt the 1st time its happened,and she has not once had a hot pudding because its all gone when she gets there.

She was also awarded top table, fancy table cloth, fancy cups and special juice ect (a bit like the horrendous birhday table) for excellent behaviour but came home upset as she was on second sitting so it had finished when she got into the hall.

You HAVE to pay for dinner money the week before so that they know how much to order so I cant see why this is happening regarding the hot food and also why tell a child they are getting a reward then not give it because thats surely giving the children no incentive to be good?

nolongeraworriedmummy Thu 02-Oct-08 09:54:43

I know I am bu probably but if shes going to have sandwiches I can do it myself a lot cheaper than £12 a week!

cheshirekitty Thu 02-Oct-08 09:58:22

YANBU. Imagine you had paid for a hot meal in a restaurant, and they ran out and gave you sandwiches. Is that fair? If you are paying for hot meals, they should be provided.

Go to the school today and complain.

chopchopbusybusy Thu 02-Oct-08 09:58:45

YANBU
Have a word with the school. Obviously, they will run out of some things, but if she's never managed to have a hot pudding, then they need to plan differently.

HonoriaGlossop Thu 02-Oct-08 09:59:41

you're not being unreasonable at all. That is not on,specially the top table thing being over even though she was given it as a reward.

You're paying, they should know how much to be getting in - systems are falling down there. Tell the office staff and ask them to pass it to the cook - if they don't know, they can't address it.

mazzystar Thu 02-Oct-08 10:00:48

yanbu, someone is cocking up badly

and altho i think the top table thing is a nonsense, if they are going to do it, they ought to do it properly

make yur entirely reasonable feelings known

twentypence Thu 02-Oct-08 10:02:11

Not unreasonable - you have paid for something she hasn't got. Complain away.

PonderingThoughts Thu 02-Oct-08 10:02:19

You're not BU at all - this is way out of order! Definitely go and speak to the school about it.

1st sitiing/2nd sitting should make no differece whatsoever. As you say, they know how many they are cattering for so the food should be split between the 2 sittings accordingly.

This is wrong, you are not unreasonable, and you need to voice this to those in charge insisting that it's sorted.

ToThrottleABlackBird Thu 02-Oct-08 10:03:02

YANBU, go to the school and complain.

boy Thu 02-Oct-08 10:03:21

that is out of order but my daughter would be delighted she loves sandwiches and hates hot meals !!!! by the way honoriaglossop are from glossop ?

missblythe Thu 02-Oct-08 10:05:17

That is ridiculous! They know the numbers in advance, presumably so that they can cater to the no. of pupils who have having school lunch.

Complain complain complain

shoedweller Thu 02-Oct-08 10:05:27

YANBU. I think I'd let it go if it happened once but otherwise that's ridiculous.

nolongeraworriedmummy Thu 02-Oct-08 10:18:06

OOh I thought you were all going to tell me to get a grip and that at least they fed her grin will definatley have a word now lol

2beornot2be Thu 02-Oct-08 11:15:38

Yanbu I hope you do complain.

lizziemun Thu 02-Oct-08 11:16:35

yanbu.

I would ask for refund for the 'hot' meal she hasn't received. I would mention about the about the top table too.

Alderney Thu 02-Oct-08 12:09:07

What does she have to do to be in 1st sitting - it is purely done by class..?

So therefore I presume if it is by class then all the other children in her class are also affected.

I'd speak to the teacher and the headmistress in the first instance, and if you don't get anywhere with that, then speak to other parents, and see if you can pool together and request a serious meeting with the catering manager.

They shouldn;t be offering children incentives like their Top Table idea and then not following through with it - what does that teach the children.

You are paying for a hot meal, they should be able to provide some sort of hot meal.

Do you get menu's home in advance - can you suggest they put in a system in place where meals are chosen a week in advance when you pay for them so that they know exactly how many servings of each thing they need, so that there is no way they should run out when they have exact numbers.

crokky Thu 02-Oct-08 12:11:33

YANBU, I'd be annoyed at that. I would say something - it's likely there are a few children going without the hot meal their parents have paid for.

mishymoo Thu 02-Oct-08 12:21:45

YANBU - your DD is probably not the only child going without a hot meal! I would definitely compain!

MollyCherry Thu 02-Oct-08 23:12:26

That's awful. My DH has been a head chef/catering manager in 2 schools over the last 10 years, and this has never happended in either of them. There is absolutely no excuse for this and you are well within your rights to complain. To be honest I'd probably be getting onto the local LEA and the catering company (assuming it's contracted out) as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now