Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be completely pissed off with myself and now am going to lie to a well known babyshop?

(12 Posts)
ButtonMeUp Wed 01-Oct-08 23:15:44

I moved house (as some of you know for a dodgy thread) 4 months ago. I have an account online with m/c and hadnt ordered anything since we had moved.

Ordered ds2 some booties and excitedly anticipated arrival (sad me). Anyway stil not arrived, checked email and 'oh shite' gone to old address which is not occupied and for sale. So i followed parcel tracking thing and it said delivered to safe location. Well no-one lives there so that cant be right.

Have composed email to mc saying (white lie) I had phoned them following placing my order to update them of my address and was assured it would be sorted. (ahem, sorry). I have also emailed the courier company asking how it could have been delivered if no-one was there and a signature was required (£5 deliverly charge to ensure security).

So am now waiting till tomorrow to phone them and try and get it sorted.

Am I really really bad and unreasonable?

Fimbo Wed 01-Oct-08 23:18:04

I think YABU.

Some poor call centre worker is probably going to get it in the neck.

notinlimboanymore Wed 01-Oct-08 23:18:41

Wicked.grin

ButtonMeUp Wed 01-Oct-08 23:21:17

But how would they know who i spoke to (as i didnt really speak to anyone) so would anyone get it in the neck?

THey are very cute shoes and ds2 will get cold feet.. they have little giraffes on and are all soft and snug.. and cost a fair amount and they are his first shoes...

Sheesh i sound like a little kid making excuses. Seriously need sleep but cant sleep because am thinking too much about blinking shoes!

Fimbo Wed 01-Oct-08 23:22:37

Well give it a try then and see what happens...

differentWitch Wed 01-Oct-08 23:23:53

they log every call to particular ID's

Mumi Wed 01-Oct-08 23:28:38

Although it's naughty, the not-so-secure delivery is of concern anyway and personally, having had nothing but absolutely shocking customer service from MC in the past, I'd find it very difficult to tell you YABU...

notinlimboanymore Wed 01-Oct-08 23:30:55

Im not sure you should be posting this on here though - prehaps fraudulent?hmm Not sure.smile

AramintaAlice Wed 01-Oct-08 23:33:10

It's their responsibility to prove that the item was delivered. So say you didn't receive the item and see what they say. If they say that the item was signed for ask for a copy of the signature.

They won't be able to provide this and should re-send the boots. They sent the item by courier and the courier had a responsibility to deliver safely. When they discovered that the property was empty or that no-one home they must have sent the boots somewhere. Get the supplier to make the delivery company prove this.

Good luck.

combustiblelemon Wed 01-Oct-08 23:44:24

Did you move far? One of the neighbours probably took it in.

ButtonMeUp Thu 02-Oct-08 09:09:17

Spoke to them and explained we have moved house and that it was sent to wrong address but we have updated our address details (this is true). They said courier shouldnt have delivered as vacant property and they are claiming against them grin

Booties should be here by tomorrow. Didnt want to fib and didnt get much sleep for thinking about the booties all alone in the cold dark empty house..

Oh well, new ones on the way grin yay.

cheshirekitty Thu 02-Oct-08 10:24:41

Good for you, button. Hope ds enjoys his boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now