Talk

Advanced search

To not want to go to soft play today when it might be the final day of sun for the rest of the year

(10 Posts)
JuneBugJen Sun 28-Sep-08 07:18:17

Its DS 1st birthday and having joint party with many other babies as all birthdays around this time. One woman has decided the venue will be soft play (despite the fact the babies wont really give a toss where we are.)

Have tried hinting (strongly) that perhaps a park would be better on a day like today - as its sunny and free! But according to another friend she is adamant we are going to a screaming hell hole full of sweaty foam.

Want to go see all my friends but just wish she could have been more flexible.

I'm sure my dcs are getting ricketts from the lack of sunlight this summer!! grin

lilymolly Sun 28-Sep-08 08:11:45

DS aged 1 will surely be much better crawling around a soft play rather than damp grass at the park?
I love the outdoors too, but 1 year olds are limited as to what they can do surely at a park?
You could to to park after with your older children?

elmoandella Sun 28-Sep-08 08:22:58

YABU - other people have made plans for taking 1yo's to a party. some perhaps have older dc too which would prefer soft play.

you shouldn't have agreed to soft play if you didn't wanna go there.

go to the park before or after by yourself.

JuneBugJen Sun 28-Sep-08 08:45:32

Really its all meant to be lighthearted this one. Just feeling sad that there hasn't been a summer this year and felt like spent too much of july and Aug indoors...in soft play!

Lilly - we have a fab park nearby which has a sandpit which the babies love to crawl around in.

Only one older dd Elmo coming, and thats mine! She adores that park. Until yesterday I did think we were going somewhere outdoors, but my lovely ( I'm not slagging her off, honestly!) friend suddenly decided it was soft play.

Other bonus would be is this park is right near a great pub with a garden so we could have a cheeky glass of wine after! grin

SqueakyPop Sun 28-Sep-08 08:45:58

Just pop in for half an hour to say hello, and then spend the rest of the day doing what you want. First birthdays are over-rated.

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 28-Sep-08 08:53:11

I am long past the baby stage but how I agree with you JuneBugJen - soft play places are vile,sweaty foamfilled hell holes as you say - fresh air and sunshine and even damp grass (!! since when is damp grass fatal) really would we much nicer !

JuneBugJen Sun 28-Sep-08 08:56:28

Soft play is a necessary evil in this world MaryAnn...sob!! Just preferabley not when the sun is shining.
Just saw a pic of your ds. He is adorable!

Ratface Sun 28-Sep-08 08:57:12

is it sunny where you are? bnloody freezing here and still shrouded in mist

JuneBugJen Sun 28-Sep-08 08:59:44

It was like that yesterday Ratface where we are, but then the afternoon was amazing.

Already got to be indoors this morning as helping out in church so was hoping to catch some rays this afternoon. Never mind.

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 28-Sep-08 09:08:21

I used to dread parties in indoor play places,particularly the horrid smelly rooms,usually windowless,where you have birthday tea (even more yuck if it's supplied by the venue)-am sooo glad I don't have to do that anymore !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now