Talk

Advanced search

to think DH should ask his dad to help him wallpaper tomorrow?

(16 Posts)
EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Sat 27-Sep-08 20:36:23

DHs dad ALWAYS rings DH and asks him if he can help him with this, that and the other.

In the last 2 months DH must have gone round there on 5 seperate occasions, for full days, and helped him with things such as laying pathways, clearing out rooms etc...

Now we are decorating the bumps room and DH has never hung wallpaper alone before, yet he plans on doing the full room.

He asked his dad to drop the pasting table off and I said he should ask his dad to help.

But DH wont.

Im sure FIL would help if DH asked but he just says 'I'll do it myself!'

But why??

He helps FIL out all the time so I think he has the right to ask for some help back when he is doing a big job!

I think he doesn't want to ask as FIL has a small baby and DH doesn't want to mither him, but we have 2 toddlers and Im 27 weeks PG, so its not like FIL hesitates asking for help because of our family. Hes a lovely bloke and am sure he would help. I just don't get why DH helps everyone but struggles with things himself!!

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Sat 27-Sep-08 20:37:27

PS FIL is only in his early 40's! So not a pensioner!

ethanchristopher Sat 27-Sep-08 20:37:55

personally i think that edward cullen probably wants to be the DIY expert

but i think maybe you shoud casually call carlisle and ask him how do you hang wallpaper cause edward hasnt done it before

if you get my drift... grin

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Sat 27-Sep-08 20:38:25

Hello Edward friend!
I'd say it was a case of male pride at stake here!
Could you sell it as 'Let your Dad help then you can be finished early and we can all go out?'

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Sat 27-Sep-08 20:39:11

PMSL EC grin grin

ethanchristopher Sat 27-Sep-08 20:40:36

ooo or that :D

i think its definately male pride hence the suggestion of casually ringing his dad to check if thats the right way to do it hence dh has never done it before, nudge nudge wink wink, hint:please come help

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Sat 27-Sep-08 20:40:40

<sniggers>

I think perhaps you may be right. I don't really want to call Carslisle myself though wink

<sighs> if he really were Edward he could have it done in 15 mins

WigWamBam Sat 27-Sep-08 20:40:48

"But why?"

Pride. He is too proud to show his dad that he doesn't know how to do it, and to risk messing up in front of him.

There's also the fact that this is his own child he is doing the room for, and he wants to do it himself rather than let someone else come in and take over.

Leave him be. He may be really insulted if you ask his father - thereby insinuating that he's not capable of doing it himself.

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Sat 27-Sep-08 20:42:27

I agree WWB, he did say but its MY daughters room and I want to do it.

Which is fine...as long as he doesn't wreck my gorgeous wallpaper!

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Sat 27-Sep-08 20:43:01

Oooh hello ECCHMS!

How are you today? grin

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Sat 27-Sep-08 20:45:03

grin
Fine thank you muchly, still waiting for Edward at my bedroom window!
I think you're right about the wallpapering, there could be Cullen decorators and they'd get everything done in record time! Eyecandy decorators would also be a bonus!!

ethanchristopher Sat 27-Sep-08 20:50:06

PMSL i thought ECCHMS was EWEC namechanged lol

cant imagine carlisle would be a scary person to call but then they do say never meet your hero's :P

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Sat 27-Sep-08 20:51:36

I just like to talk to myself EC!! grin
Actually, spend my entire day talking to myself so suppose my evenings should be no different!!

ethanchristopher Sat 27-Sep-08 20:55:03

lol no i realised when EWEC said oh hello EECHMS

i was like hmm then i realised :D

oh im so clever this evening

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Sat 27-Sep-08 20:56:03

PMSL grin
We aim to confuse!!

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Sat 27-Sep-08 20:56:35

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now