Advanced search

to say over my dead body!!!

(41 Posts)
ethanchristopher Sat 27-Sep-08 12:56:03

to my dp who is taking ds into town today, going into claire's and getting his ear pierced because:

1) he is too young to have his own opinion on this
2) he will scream the place down when they come at him with the farking gun
3) he is only 21 months old

sorry if anyones baby boy has their ears pierced but i think it looks absolutely rediculous even if it is only one ear. that combined with the fact that he will be very scared

so ive told dp if he comes back and my ds has a bolt through his little ear i will ban him from seeing him for a week and take it out


FAQ Sat 27-Sep-08 12:56:49

YANBU at all

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 27-Sep-08 12:58:23

I'd be surprised if they even do it.

YANBU at all

cornsilk Sat 27-Sep-08 12:58:24

No! Poor ds!

suzywong Sat 27-Sep-08 12:58:37

dod you mean ex-DP?

MarlaSinger Sat 27-Sep-08 12:59:21

Phone Claire's and ask their policy. Do NOT let your DP do this. It's cruel, aside from anything else.

suzywong Sat 27-Sep-08 13:00:32

TOP name Marla!
can you fill in the blanks:
"I haven't been _____ like that since 5th Grade"

carry on as you were

Sanctuary Sat 27-Sep-08 13:01:06

Your ex is well out of orderangry

NotDoingTheHousework Sat 27-Sep-08 13:02:26

Message withdrawn

ethanchristopher Sat 27-Sep-08 13:03:27

I know for a fact they do it in claires because my poncey parents decided for my 1st birthday they would take me to claires and get my ears pierced

apparently i screamed the place down but they still did it

im still pissed off about their decision because they expected me at like 5 to look after them myself and i used to lose all my earings, forget to put them in and then at 7 had them repierced cause i forgot to put earrings in

misdee Sat 27-Sep-08 13:04:11


i say take a piercing gun to dp and pierce any random part of his body without his consent.

mumoverseas Sat 27-Sep-08 13:04:59

YANBU - DP is being a twat! Agree with advice above, phone Claires and warn them. I've always found it hard to get my head round this one as the law (as far as I read it!) is quite clear on 'assults'. Technically ear (or any part of body!) piercing is an assault (also covers playing rugby or contact sports) but you can consent to it as an adult. Under 16 cannot consent to it so I would argue it is assault. Good luck and if he does it, make him ex DP!

mabanana Sat 27-Sep-08 13:06:12

I would ring Claire's, say you are the parent with care and if they do it to your son (give his name and description) you will sue them. Obviously you won't but I bet it will stop them doing it. I would be OUTRAGED about this. Mainly because it is stupid, pointless and hurts, but also because it is horrible, ugly and really, really tacky.

HRHSaintMamazon Sat 27-Sep-08 13:06:27

How old is your Dp?
he would need to be over 18 in order to get this done.

he will need to show a copy of his red book in order to prove he has had all his jabs, if he doesn't have this he will nto be able to.

Does your x/dp have parental responsibility? (was he named on the birth certificate?) if not he will not be able to have this done

if he does have it done take it straightout,. it will have healed over within a day and will not cause your Ds any harm at all.
Youcan then tell him thathe has betrayed your trust given thatyouhave expressed quite clearly your opinion on this matter. if he is unable to be trusted then he simply cannot take your DS out alone.

ethanchristopher Sat 27-Sep-08 13:07:09

i think i may ring claires

or do what misdee suggested grin

mabanana Sat 27-Sep-08 13:08:37

Is he your dp or ex-dp? Is he the father of your child?

misdee Sat 27-Sep-08 13:08:52

def ring claires.

dp is a young dad as well isnt he? would they belive he is the father of your ds? not trying tobe mean, but if he is as young as you are, then claires may just laugh in his face and send him on his way.

ethanchristopher Sat 27-Sep-08 13:08:57

my dp is 19 he is on the birth certificate

we have no custody arrangement but ds is put down as living with me as ds lives in halls (altho at mine most of the time)

basically until we get married this is the written rule but he can see ds whenever, i just dont want ds living in student accomodation at 21 motnhs

ethanchristopher Sat 27-Sep-08 13:10:05

he is my dp and the father of my child

altho might not be alive much longer if ds comes back with his ears pierced

and fyi he wasnt joking when he said it altho the earful i gave him may make him think twice

misdee Sat 27-Sep-08 13:10:45

i say go for piecing of the nutsack if he comes back with ds ears pierced.

LadyOfWaffle Sat 27-Sep-08 13:14:35

yikes, ring claires and say your son has been taken to have it done without permission.

lardybump Sat 27-Sep-08 13:15:35

at least misdee at least. I woud phone the shop as well and tell them that you have not given authority for it.

Grumpalina Sat 27-Sep-08 13:17:37

The only thing you can do is ring Claire's or wherever you think he will go. As he has PR there is actually nothing legally stopping him getting your DSs ears pierced but if the shop sees trouble on the horizon they may think twice and refuse to do it.

Carmenere Sat 27-Sep-08 13:18:01

Text him and say if he dares you will wait til he is asleep and, as misdee has said, pierce his nutsackgrin

DontCallMeBaby Sat 27-Sep-08 13:24:12

I was going to suggest permanent marker on DSs forehead - 'do not pierce this child's ear or I will sue you, love HIS MOTHER', after all permanent marker will come off eventually while a hole is there for life. But it does seem a little unfair on him, so maybe the equivalent message on DP's forehead?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now