Talk

Advanced search

to want someone else to clean the house for a change?!

(9 Posts)
Bettyboobird Sat 27-Sep-08 12:18:14

There are 3 adults in this house-dh, our au pair and I...so why am I the ONLY one who does any cleaning??

I'm also the one who is out of the house for the most hours, so surely I make the least mess?!

I'd really rather spend my weekend doing something other than housework for a change. AIBU?

maidamess Sat 27-Sep-08 12:20:34

Err...why do you keep doing it?

Bettyboobird Sat 27-Sep-08 12:22:17

Because I don't want to live in a dirty pig sty- apparently they don't see the mess hmm

maidamess Sat 27-Sep-08 12:23:22

Sounds like you need either a meeting or a rota where everyone can decide how to chip in.

If you KEEP doing it without saying anything, why would they bother to help?

Bettyboobird Sat 27-Sep-08 12:26:59

You are right maidamess-perhaps we could arrange a rota.

I've told them both how I feel, but they just don't think to chip in. I should prob just try and leave it, but I know neither of them would bother.

Sorry, it's very unimportant in the grand scheme of things. I'll stop moaning now...

maidamess Sat 27-Sep-08 12:28:51

No, moan away! Good luck with your rota...but I think you need to discuss with them how hard it is for one person and split the jobs up together, rather than just presenting one as a fait accomplit.

minkers Sat 27-Sep-08 13:12:17

I clean other peoples homes for them, maybe emply a cleaner and present your husband with the bill!grin

minkers Sat 27-Sep-08 13:13:13

That of course should be employblush

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 27-Sep-08 14:04:11

YANBU. I have had APs who could never see what needed doing so since then I have listed set jobs for set days of the week - that way the house is constantly clean and not major mess to clean up at end of the week. Your AP (and your DH for that matter) need to pull their weight. Put your duster down. Make a cup of tea/pour self glass of wine. Write jobs rota. Don't do it all and feel shite about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now