Talk

Advanced search

To think that ketchup tastes the same in glass or plastic?

(11 Posts)
breadandroses Sat 27-Sep-08 10:38:18

Dh thinks only glass will do...

TrinityRhino Sat 27-Sep-08 10:39:14

roffle
he is a nutter grin

ethanchristopher Sat 27-Sep-08 10:39:37

i dunno but ketchup only tastes nice if it's heinz

the rest tastes yuk blush

nametaken Sat 27-Sep-08 10:40:19

Your DH is absolutely right sorry. I loathe diet coke in plastic bottles but can drink it from a tin.

I swear some people can taste the plastic, or have such sensitive tastebuds, that food in plastic tastes different and they notice.

It's a right royal pain trying to get ketchup out of a glass bottle though. It lasts for ages, so why not just buy a bottle each, argument sorted.

stitch Sat 27-Sep-08 10:41:20

totally disagree. the best ketchup is not heinz.
heinz is possibly the worst ketchup in the world.
wink

noonki Sat 27-Sep-08 10:44:01

Food in plastic will be outlawed when I take over the world

<<Noonki looks into her crystal ball cackling>>

LynetteScavo Sat 27-Sep-08 10:49:37

Coke tastes different out of a can, rather than a bottle....Ah, I seename taken agrees. smile

qwertpoiuy Sat 27-Sep-08 15:52:04

The only ketchup I like is Heinz Organic, which comes in a plastic bottle. Heinz ordinary will do me as second best, but only just - the rest are yucky whether they're in glass or plastic bottles!

plantsitter Sat 27-Sep-08 16:42:18

the one in plastic actually has a higher tomato content (so it is the right consistency I s'pose) so they probably do taste a bit different.

plantsitter Sat 27-Sep-08 16:46:35

Hmm I'm sure I discovered this when I had a similar argument with DP (who was on the squeezy bottle side) and we checked the ingredients in the supermarket, but now I can't find any evidence at all! Wonder if I made it up?!

LazyLinePainterJane Sat 27-Sep-08 19:32:19

If I am buying heinz, I buy the glass, as it is recyclable and cheaper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now