Talk

Advanced search

Hideous horrible pointless bloody 'toys'

(17 Posts)
TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 26-Sep-08 15:37:49

Not all of them.

There is a family with four boys that live near us and recently they have been cruising around on thesemonsters

They are the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, and a pain in the ass when they are charging two a side along the pavement.

Surely they are dangerous?

Oh, and did I forget to ask, what is the bloody point?

Blu Fri 26-Sep-08 15:40:58

I completely agree!
DS ha an aquaintence who has one - mostly it just takes up space in their living room, looking very ugly.

They go slowly, are not 'exciting', don't even look 'cool' - I'm surprised any kid wants one. DS's contact has only been seen out on his once since last Christmas.

wessexgirl Fri 26-Sep-08 15:42:18

Saw some footage of Lembit Opik driving one at the LibDem conference the other week.

Really, how uncool can you GET?!

wehaveallbeenthere Fri 26-Sep-08 15:57:04

Oh, a childrens version of the Segway. Here in the states they are used by some security guards for store purposes. When we went to New Orleans there was a tour that was done on Segways.
I don't like them but I suppose they are considered a status gadget? They are just popular right now. Next year it will be something else.
How does one get it back home if it breaks?

etchasketch Fri 26-Sep-08 15:58:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wehaveallbeenthere Fri 26-Sep-08 16:23:01

epinions.com has it listed for almost $5000.00 but it also goes on to comment how it is the coolest gadget that you can own but will probably never use.
Perhaps you can hang a coat on it? grin

wehaveallbeenthere Fri 26-Sep-08 16:24:30

That is for the adult Segway, not the childrens version of Dareway. The price is listed above though under the monsters post.

CuppaTeaJanice Fri 26-Sep-08 16:28:10

They look quite fun!

But I agree, you need a large driveway/tennis court/country estate. Probably not the safest toy for a public pavement!

orangina Fri 26-Sep-08 16:33:20

that's the kind of toy that makes kids fat... they can't be arsed to walk anywhere any more....

ethanchristopher Fri 26-Sep-08 20:02:15

they are like a modern scooter

yabu they look like fun. i want one!

Nbg Fri 26-Sep-08 20:04:05

I want one!

nickytwotimes Fri 26-Sep-08 20:06:17

God, I hate those things.
They are usually bought for overindulged brats.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Sat 27-Sep-08 15:11:52

They are not really a modern scooter though are they?

And the electrical powered elemt, gah.

Almost as bad as the pink motorised jeeps you can buy.

DoubleBluff Sat 27-Sep-08 15:14:04

I hate all motoriese 'toys' for kids.
They should be running and cycling not just sitting/ standing passivley on such shit!

TheCrackFox Sat 27-Sep-08 15:14:49

They are completely pointless and agree they are the type of toy that makes kids fat. When we were trying to find a pedal car for DS2 all Argos seemed to have were electric ones. I mean, are children so incapable of pedalling nowadays?

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sat 27-Sep-08 15:17:16

oh i want one!!! buy me one some one please? pleeaaaaaaaaaaaase? but whatever you do do not show dd1 it. she will want to. pester power seems to work a lot better when you are under 26!

DoubleBluff Sat 27-Sep-08 15:42:03

DS1 wants an electric scooter - i will not give in on this one he i snot having one. They are a menace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now