Talk

Advanced search

To not expect something I have given someone to be up for sale or swap 2 a few weeks after it was given!

(17 Posts)
theirmum Fri 26-Sep-08 13:04:26

This has really pi**ed me off I wouldnt mind but she has never even thanked me for giving the things and never paid the postage as agreed!!! I feel like leaving a message on the thread!

undercovercat Fri 26-Sep-08 13:06:54

ask for the postage on the thread.

Lauriefairycake Fri 26-Sep-08 13:09:55

she may have forgotten, prompt her politely on the thread.

or she may have no money and be hoping to get the postage back from the next person so she can pay you.

just prompt her politely on the thread and see what she says

themoon66 Fri 26-Sep-08 13:11:19

Leave a message saying something like... 'if you didnt want the stuff then you should have said - please return it to me'

Or

thank you for selling my stuff for me. I could really do with the money right now.

MascaraOHara Fri 26-Sep-08 13:11:46

link to the thread so we can all be nosey..

soremummy Fri 26-Sep-08 13:16:01

This is really annoying and that is why I have a black bag full of clothes etc my dd has outgrown because I would rather sell them myself or give to charity shop than see them put on here to be sold etc..

theirmum Fri 26-Sep-08 13:16:52

lol themoon!

Laurie I though that about the money thats why I didnt chase it but to then see something I gave to her being offered for sale or swap it just unset me if she had even just said thank you for the things I dont have any money at the minute and also i dont like the * would you mind if I swap it for something I really need I would have said of course thats fine but she hasnt even said thank you! Maybe I expect too much from people!

theirmum Fri 26-Sep-08 13:18:39

i know soremummy the thing is I had seen the thing for sale swap in the local charity shop for £2 and asked the person if she wanted it I would buy it for her and send it with a big bag full of baby clothes she said she would love it so I bought it and then I see it up for sale

HappyNewYearFeet06 Fri 26-Sep-08 13:18:51

No theirmum, you are not asking too much to be thanked, have the postage paid or to be politely asked if it is ok to swap it for something more suitable. I would be cross too.

x

soremummy Fri 26-Sep-08 13:19:12

manners don't cost anything though

forevercleaning Fri 26-Sep-08 13:33:46

did she pay you for the postage of the baby clothes even?

ScottishMummy Fri 26-Sep-08 13:33:57

to clarify,you gave some stuff away free of charge and now they are up for sale and/or swap?

and she didnt pay you the postage either?

nametaken Fri 26-Sep-08 14:15:06

theirmum, I can see why you're annoyed and this is why I only ever donated my stuff to charity shops. I was too lazy to sell them and didn't want to give them away.

Is it possible that the person doing it is very poor. I mean, it's quite a deameaning thing to do, could it be she's really hard up?

theirmum Fri 26-Sep-08 19:59:40

Maybe nametaken which is why I havent named names or said what the item is as i dont wnat people knowing who it is. I can completely understand if she has no money and as I said if she had said to me i would have been fine with it but nothing not even a thank you!

no forever neve paid me anything it came to £9 so not a lot of money but just stocked and upset me to see it up for sale

forevercleaning Sat 27-Sep-08 09:15:10

not good - their mum, if they were that poor, how much would it have cost to say thankyou? - absolutely nothing.

Also - you dont accept something which is 'for postage' unless you can afford the postage. Who says that you could afford to give away £9.

The whole thing stinks. Poor you, bet it has put you off doing that again, cos it would me.

MadameOvary Sat 27-Sep-08 10:00:54

Oh God why cant people be truthful??? This struck a chord with me because my friend sold something through me to someone for their "friend" then saw it on ebay making a nice profit. Not quite the same but it still pissed me off to be lied to.
I've been given, free, from Mumsnetters, stuff that would do quite nicely on ebay, such a as a Hugabub sling and a pink Grobag, but when i have finished with them I will be giving them away, in the spirit they were given to me.

So no, theirmum, YANBU!

overthemill Sat 27-Sep-08 10:02:34

had similar issue - i gave my dss beloved happy street stuff (huge box) to the little boy next door as he loved to play with it when he came round

few weeks later discovered the mum had sold it for £25!!! i was being nice, she was a cow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now