Talk

Advanced search

to tell someoen at barclaycard i suspect they are lying to me?????????????????????

(13 Posts)
MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Thu 25-Sep-08 20:15:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

slightlycrumpled Thu 25-Sep-08 21:10:53

malory we have just had the exact same problem. Phoned this week to see where pin was and was told, 'oh they were posted yesterday'. They did arrive the next day, but I suspect they were not posted untill after I phoned! hmm

Was a little naffed off as letter said barclaycard from 22nd September but pin arrives two days after that.

DH very unimpressed as he had been told previously that old pin could be used and off course his card was declined at petrol station. V embarrasing.

unclefluffy Thu 25-Sep-08 21:30:03

My pin arrived yesterday too. I HATE Barclays! I want my old card back! Waaahhh!

NorbertDentressangle Thu 25-Sep-08 21:32:39

Who have Barclays taken over now?

We were with the Woolwich (mortgage and current accounts) until they got taken over by Barclays and its never been the same.

BroccoliSpears Thu 25-Sep-08 21:33:38

Barclaycard lie to me all the time. Truly they do.

They won't refund some money they should by rights refund me.

When I phone them they say someone is planning to phone me about it in the next fortnight. No one phones. Then they tell me the case is closed. Then I make a complaint and they say I can't complain as the issue isn't resolved yet and someone's phoning me in the next 2 weeks. Then they don't phone. Then I phone up and they say the case is closed...

Been going on for nearly 2 years. I want my £210!!!

clouded Thu 25-Sep-08 21:47:25

Same here. I've had a Barclay card for years with no problems. Then lost card and was expecting a new card in August which didn't arrive. I was told it had been posted. Every time I rang I was given different dates of posting until I finally lost it and shouted about being lied to.
Today, well over a month later, a new card has arrived. Have been told I can use old pin. Hmmm. Not sure I believe it.

3littlefrogs Thu 25-Sep-08 21:58:33

BroccoliSpears, you should write to the finance section of one of the weekend papers. They usually seem to get good results.

I have had 2 cheque books and a card and a PIN go "missing in the post" recently. Either the post is getting very dodgy, or the banks getting very inefficient, or they are just making it all up. hmm

unclefluffy Thu 25-Sep-08 22:06:57

My old card was Morgan Stanley. And we had a Woolwich mortgage. Just my luck. Years ago I had a Barclays current account which I closed in a huff after they started charging an agreed overdraft fee without warning me. Now just about all my banking has migrated back to Barclays. Gits.

sb6699 Fri 26-Sep-08 10:22:45

We had the same problem trying to get a "pin" from Barclaycard.

Also, my dh took the credit card after being told by their rep there was an interest free period (we were planning on doing a balance transfer and paying it all off before the interest kicked in).

However, when the first statement arrived showing interest had been applied, my dh phoned them and they said no, there was no interest free period even though they were advertising it on tv at the time hmm

TwoMore Fri 26-Sep-08 10:30:29

We have several accounts with different banks and only get 'post' problems from Barclays. They took 8 months to send me a new cheque book once! I did get some flowers as an appology but by then we had moved on as it were and had a new account elsewhere.

pigleto Fri 26-Sep-08 10:37:30

I had the same problem. They turned off my morgan stanley card two days before the pin arrived for the new card. They spouted something about not being able to send the pin out until I rang to activate the card. Very annoying and I will close the account.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 26-Sep-08 18:29:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bran Fri 26-Sep-08 18:37:45

I had a Morgan Stanley, which was handled by Goldfish for a while and is now Barclaycard. They have managed to piss me off so much that I have changed to Egg, who are blissful so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now