Talk

Advanced search

To think he should have told me sooner

(7 Posts)
feeble Wed 24-Sep-08 22:00:10

My Dh and I decided to try for another baby. we have been discussing this for months. Last week we agreed it was time and I was to go and get my coil out. I did this on monday then on tuesday he tells me he has changed his mind. We had already had sex so I cant just go and get another fitted in case I am already pregnant and I still really want a baby. I now have to wait and see if I am which could be a month in which time I think I will go insane. Do you think he was being unfair?

ethanchristopher Wed 24-Sep-08 22:01:30

yes definately yanbu but only on the he should have told you sooner

if he isnt sure you need to really talk it through before you make any more decisions

SqueakyPop Wed 24-Sep-08 22:03:18

If these are his true emotions - wanting one minute then not the next - I don't really think it is a case of unfairness.

nametaken Wed 24-Sep-08 22:19:37

Yes he is being unfair. If he's changed his mind perhaps he could take charge of contraception from now on.

canofworms Wed 24-Sep-08 22:27:25

Yes yanbu

My dh almost did this to me. Had a long chat where he said he couldn't think of a good enough reason not to have another baby and agreed if I really wanted another then we could go for it.

The next week when I asked him when I should get my coil removed he told me he absolutely did not want another child. Ever.

I was (and still am) incredibly hurt and confused by this and have decided to never bring the subject up again. Avoids confusion and further heartache and arguments.

It's all well and good thinking about his feelings but he obviously has little regard for yours.

bloomingfedup Wed 24-Sep-08 22:48:01

I think he is just being honest, shame about his timing.wink

feeble Wed 24-Sep-08 23:07:39

thanks can of worms. it seems to me in my emotional state that its either him or me unhappy and he made the decision for it to be me. Now I am being unreasonable. I am not the sort of person not to mention it again unfortunately because the need hasn't gone away. If he had said from the start he wasn't sure i would never have got so broody but now i've let myself I just can't seem to switch it off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now