Talk

Advanced search

to be peeved that DS1s coat came back from nursery COVERED in paint??

(14 Posts)
EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Wed 24-Sep-08 20:04:02

Firstly, I know its nursery and they do those things and I don't send him there in his 'best' clothes, however a coat is a coat and I only bought it a few days ago!

I don't mind him getting stuff on his clothes but his coat was hung up in the cloakroom and I know it wasn't DSand he doesn't paint.

Hes only been there 2 weeks and refuses to do painting up to now,

so some OTHER child has gone from the painting table to th cloakroom and put bright orange paint all over his coat

I know theres nothing I can do and I wouldn't say anything to the nursery but Im just sad as I bought him a really lovely coat this winter and I hope tha paint comes off!

ethanchristopher Wed 24-Sep-08 20:06:07

yanbu

i see you've read twiight!!!

awwww

thismuststop Wed 24-Sep-08 20:06:24

More likely some other child brushed against it whilst carrying a still wet masterpiece imo.

nickytwotimes Wed 24-Sep-08 20:06:53

Yanbu.
No need for his coat to get covered in paint.

mazzystar Wed 24-Sep-08 20:09:15

it will be washable
[so long as the coat is]
i think yab[a wee bit] unreasonable
its no biggy is it? not really

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Wed 24-Sep-08 20:10:26

Well thats why im saying i wont compalin or anything daft like that.. its just an accident, but they could try to not let the kids with wet paint near the coats!

pinkteddy Wed 24-Sep-08 20:12:14

YANBU. This happened to dd's coat so I do sympathise. I would try to wash off by hand with cold water before putting it in the machine btw.

LittlePushka Wed 24-Sep-08 20:21:38

Its a nursery,...they get scruffy.

Its a coat,..it will wash.

Get over it!!! grin

Sycamoretree Wed 24-Sep-08 20:35:49

OMG - This is me!!! DD went to nursery on Monday - day one. Brand New Boden bloody duffle coat comes home daubed in orange paint. It was on the peg the entire time and nowhere near the painting area. Also, not DD as she did not paint that day. Grrrr. And shame on me, but the bloomin' thing (all fifty bloody squids of it) is DRY CLEAN ONLY!

Sycamoretree Wed 24-Sep-08 20:37:24

Actually, this is too much of a coincidence. Are you in West London - is this the same nursery and the same phantom orange paint dauber?

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Wed 24-Sep-08 20:41:37

Hehe, nope Im in Manchester,

unless the little shit darling in question has a train pass! grin

imananny Wed 24-Sep-08 20:47:30

i would mention to nursery, casually that DS coat was covered in orange paint

staff should be more careful,maybe children went to claokroom to wash hands after painting

normally paints at nursery are washable, so it should come out

Sycamoretree Wed 24-Sep-08 21:07:03

Hmmph. Bet he/she has. Or I bet it's some bizarre initiation rite that all nursery school teachers inflict on new parents just to check whether we're the type to get on our high horse or role with the punches.

I have to laugh though. DD went off first day in her lovely tights, shoes and pretty long sleeved M&S knit dress - like a little Madeline.

Suffice to say she's been in jeans, t shirt and trainers every day since!

nbee84 Wed 24-Sep-08 21:09:04

It is annoying. You wouldn't expect a coat to get paint on.

I would by a cheap(ish) coat from Asda, Tesco, Primark etc just for wearing at nursery. Though I realise this doesn't help with the coat already covered in paint.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now