Talk

Advanced search

To detest ALL ex-policemen now ?

(46 Posts)
theultimatethreadkiller Wed 24-Sep-08 18:08:39

As many people will remember, my FIL is an ex-copper and we don't get on at all.
Today I had a run in with another ex-policeman, who shouted at me that I wasn't fit to be a parent and that he would find out where I lived and have my child taken off me.
This was in front of my child.

Tamarto Wed 24-Sep-08 18:09:42

Why did he say that?

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 24-Sep-08 18:09:53

Erm what prompted the 'run-in' ?

Freckle Wed 24-Sep-08 18:10:04

I don't think you are unreasonable to hate this particular ex-copper, but it's a bit of a stretch to hate all of them.

differentID Wed 24-Sep-08 18:11:19

without saying why the officer said that to you, i will say that yes, yabu

HRHMamazon Wed 24-Sep-08 18:12:23

i had a bit of a road rage incident yesterday, i now hate all drivers.

thik you can see now how silly that is. of course it would be unreasonable.

why did he say that to you though? i hope your DC is ok.

theultimatethreadkiller Wed 24-Sep-08 18:13:09

Ok, Freckle, so maybe I am being a wee bit unreasonable.
Well, I was walking my mum's dog, who growled at the man as he walked past me. Ok, I know the dog shouldn't growl, so please don't slate me for that. I apologised profusely.
He quite rightly could be angry for that, but to shout at me, use abusive language and be threatening in front of a 2 year old isn't on, surely.

Drusilla Wed 24-Sep-08 18:13:43

YTou know that YABU

theultimatethreadkiller Wed 24-Sep-08 18:14:30

I was so shocked - I've just finished a course of counselling for PND and feel like the world's worst mother most of the time, but to have a stranger say it isn't nice.

cornsilk Wed 24-Sep-08 18:15:17

He is a nutter. Thank goodness he's an ex policeman - perhaps that's why!

Freckle Wed 24-Sep-08 18:15:55

To threaten to have your children taken away from you because your mum's dog growled at him indicates that he may be rather deranged. Perfectly reasonable to hate him for that.

theultimatethreadkiller Wed 24-Sep-08 18:16:21

Thanks, Cornsilk. smile
I told a friend as soon as I got home (once I stopped sobbing) and she said the same.

FioFio Wed 24-Sep-08 18:16:42

Message withdrawn

theultimatethreadkiller Wed 24-Sep-08 18:17:20

Thanks, Freckle. The man's wife was with him, and she was obviously embarrassed and kept trying to het him to carry on walking.

saint2shoes Wed 24-Sep-08 18:17:29

ditto what fio said

HRHMamazon Wed 24-Sep-08 18:18:13

he is a fruit bar obviously. but thankfully he doesn't represent the thinking of ALl policemen, ex or otherwise.

poppy34 Wed 24-Sep-08 18:19:12

fio put it much more elegantly than I could

theultimatethreadkiller Wed 24-Sep-08 18:20:07

Thanks, ladies. Ok so I over-reacted at the hating all policemen bit. I just needed to get it off my chest. Feel a bit better already. I know I'll cry again when DH gets home.

mashedup Wed 24-Sep-08 23:35:39

My neighbours dog has mood swings.grin
Sometimes she'll let me stroke her, sometimes she growls at me, but she never bites.
Maybe that's why he's an ex-copper - obviously got the wrong attitude. Some people think they can say whatever they like without considering other peoples feelings.
Hope you and your DC are ok now.

solo Thu 25-Sep-08 00:03:14

I would have said 'Oh! s/he's usually such a good judge of character! hmm

theultimatethreadkiller Thu 25-Sep-08 09:07:59

Excellent comment, Solo. I shall remember that one.
I'm not going to let it stop me walking the dog. I'm going to go out at the same time today, and if I see him again I shall say 'well of course the dog doesn't like you, you shouted at me yesterday'. grin

mum2taylor Thu 25-Sep-08 09:26:53

Maybe the wife just told him she was leaving him for his old boss at the station!! He was obviously just looking for an excuse to vent his frustrations at someone...or maybe he had a bad experience at the police dog unit!! wink

VictorianSqualor Thu 25-Sep-08 09:31:03

hmm
He shouted at you that you were a bad mother and he was going to get your kids taken away because your dog growled at himhmm

Do you know this guy?

I find it hard to believe that someone would just say that for no reason. (Not saying you're a bad parent but maybe there is more to this)

theultimatethreadkiller Thu 25-Sep-08 10:07:35

No, I have never seen him before. There is no more to this other than what I have said.

VictorianSqualor Thu 25-Sep-08 10:09:43

How do you know he is an ex-policeman then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now