Talk

Advanced search

More of a should I/shouldn't I really

(15 Posts)
MamaG Wed 24-Sep-08 15:23:53

neighbour who I get on well with but couldn't quite class as a mate is single mum with 2 dds, she works P/T as a teacher.

On teh 3 days she works, the DDs got to CM before school and she collects them after tea (or dinner if you're not northern!!)

The CM is late for school with teh DC every day - and I mean every day. I usually chat for 5 mins in teh playground after drop off (cringe at cliquey self) and when I have eventually waddled back to my house (live 2 mins away) I see CM and the children EVERY day rushing past me to get there. The bell's gone, teh kids are all in school.

Should I mention it to neighbour, or do you think school will? I usually keep right out of other people's business, but I know it would piss me off if I were in neighbour's shoes

Alambil Wed 24-Sep-08 15:29:46

I would; I'd be exceptionally pissed off if I was paying her and she was ruining their attendance records

expatinscotland Wed 24-Sep-08 15:31:04

mention it to her.

VinegarTits Wed 24-Sep-08 15:34:45

I would say something

cheesesarnie Wed 24-Sep-08 15:36:19

what LewisFan said

AnnieAreYouOkAreYouOkAnnie Wed 24-Sep-08 15:36:43

Do you talk to the CM? Perhaps mention it to her first, and then if there is no improvement, mention it to the mum.

MamaG Wed 24-Sep-08 15:43:13

No, Idon't know the CM at all - will mention to neighbour when I see her next

HonoriaGlossop Wed 24-Sep-08 16:30:15

I would let the school deal with it. It's not your problem, none of your business; if the school have an issue with it, they will take it up with the parent. I am swimming against the tide I realise but it's a school issue, not a neighbour one IMO

bloomingfedup Wed 24-Sep-08 16:36:19

Our school give a report with the amount of lates on at the end of year, so prehaps it will catch up with the CM in the end? (A long time I know).

I would stay out of it, you won't get any thanks!TBH if I ws the mum I'd think you were a sticky beak.

Mercy Wed 24-Sep-08 16:37:12

Good point Honoria, but I would still speak to your neighbour.

I once told a mum (similar to you, get on with her but don't often see her) about her ds' childminder. She appreciated it tbh.

It's not something I've ever done before But I was very concerned about how he was being treated (more than just being regularly late)

pointydog Wed 24-Sep-08 16:41:48

I woud have thought either the school or the woman's children would have raised this with her already.

Not sure if I'd mention it.

psychomum5 Wed 24-Sep-08 16:52:48

I would mention it....I would be most miffed if I was paying someone to take mine to school and they were regularly late. she will appreciate it I am sure.

more Wed 24-Sep-08 17:35:22

I would mention it. I only just found out a year later that the parent that helped me out last term was quite often late bringing my daughter and their own daughter into school. Too late to say anything now in my case, as nothing can be changed about the past.

pamelat Wed 24-Sep-08 17:45:35

I would tell her.

MamaG Wed 24-Sep-08 21:30:08

feel indecisive now grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now