Talk

Advanced search

to think suggesting I had telekinetic powers was rude?

(20 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Sep-08 14:16:48

One of the women's toilets was broken. I went to tell someone at the desk. They asked me to put a note on it, which is I thought was a bit much, but there were no women behind the desk, so fine.

Then he started saying, I needed to put it on the toilet.

I said, well, i was just going to put it on the door, and lock the door from the outside.

To which he responded 'Using your telekinetic powers?'.

I was fairly hmm and pointed out that normally bathroom doors can be locked from the outside.

southeastastra Wed 24-Sep-08 14:19:39

rofl grin

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Sep-08 14:21:29

(oh, and these particular doors could be locked from the outside, with some care, so I did. And then went back and told Mr Telekinesis that I had.)

Tasteofparadise Wed 24-Sep-08 14:23:43

pmsl

Tamarto Wed 24-Sep-08 14:24:29

He was a bit cheeky considering you were doing them a favour!

I love the fact they can lock from the outside as that means they unlock from the outside. Saves me crawling under cubicles when DD or DSs lock/ed themselves in! grin

cheesesarnie Wed 24-Sep-08 14:24:35

grin

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Sep-08 14:25:55

Yes, well, quite, re: favour. Most people don't bother to report broken toilets. I was willing to put the note on. I was clear about which toilet it was, even. But I wasn't that keen on him being rude to me!

Yeah, I assume they nearly all unlock/lock from the outside because of kids. Or people getting ill, or whatever.

LynetteScavo Wed 24-Sep-08 14:27:18

[Grin] He'll probably tell all his mates about woman with weird door locking powers!

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Sep-08 14:28:38

Yes, apparently I am now living in an episode of (the British series of) Heroes. My superpower is locking toilet doors from the outside.

His is being snide to people who are trying to do him a favour.

captainmummy Wed 24-Sep-08 14:32:03

My special powers are a) eyes in the back of my head
b) knowing when ds1 has had MORE than his fair share of the playstation
c) knowing when it will rain. This has been particularly usefull lately, but then it's rained all day every day for ages.....

I just wish I could fly. Or heal quickly, but no.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Sep-08 14:35:22

Captainmummy, flying and healing quickly are pretty ostentatious powers, aren't they? Not really what you'd find on the British version of Heroes ...

captainmummy Wed 24-Sep-08 14:39:07

True, true, British Heroes would have a Apple-crumble-making hero, and a dictating-while-crossing-London-Bridge Hero.

Lots of call for those in these times.

handlemecarefully Wed 24-Sep-08 14:48:34

Depends - did he say it in a jokey, crinkley eyed, good natured teasing kind of way? or was he a sarcy bastard? If the latter he was rude and I would have told him where to stick his note

scatterbrain Wed 24-Sep-08 14:55:50

I should think he was joking and you ABU

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Sep-08 16:37:24

He was being sarcy in a 'you moron, you can't lock a door from the outside' sort of way. Or at least, it seemed that way to me.

scatterbrain Wed 24-Sep-08 17:25:51

many people believe sarcasm to be witty. Me included!

scatterbrain Wed 24-Sep-08 17:26:18

many people also find it hard to do small talk and often resort to sarcasm

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Sep-08 18:51:16

Well, I guess it was a delicate subject, and maybe he felt tense asking me to do him a favour? It was all jsut a bit much.

British Heroes would also have a 'knowing exactly how much water to boil for tea' hero, right?

ethanchristopher Wed 24-Sep-08 18:53:25

erm. do you work there or were you a customer?

if you worked there he was probably confused and yabu

if you are a customer then ffs yanbu!! your a customer!

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Sep-08 20:15:18

I am a customer, I guess - it's an adult education centre, I am a student there. I didn't make that clear to him, but the majority of people there are students, surely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now