Talk

Advanced search

to feel really really happy

(8 Posts)
Umlellala Wed 24-Sep-08 13:32:15

It's pouring down outside, can't make a cuppa cos we have no tea, doing finances and credit crunch bla bla, have had no viewings on our flat and so prob won't sell, ds waking every 2 hours, dd waking at least once a night so am shattered, did I mention we have no tea in the house, my hair is in desperate need of a cut, and I look really frumpy
yet I am sat here, really really really blissfully happy!!

Why? Is it hormonal? The signs that I am about to tip over the edge? grin

Lovesdogsandcats Wed 24-Sep-08 13:40:57

well, the way I see it is, as long as you and the kids are happy and healthy, NOTHING else matters!
Sometimes I think everyone would be happy if we went back to the times when all kids got for christmas was a doll and a book and there was no celebrity/designer status and kids played out all day on the safe streets.

You might well ahve no tea in the house but you have water in the tap!

Nice one, and keep smiling!

streakybacon Wed 24-Sep-08 13:41:10

Happiness is a choice you make, not your circumstances. I'm happy too, despite all the crap, and I'm happy that you're happy! Keep up the good work!

Goober Wed 24-Sep-08 13:44:25

Pack it in FGS, somebody will say something. This happiness lark is so uncalled for. grin

chunkychips Wed 24-Sep-08 13:45:19

I disagree that happiness is a choice, otherwise we would choose to be happy all the times surely? Outside influences are a very small part of overall happiness in my opinion.

Umlellala Wed 24-Sep-08 13:45:56

Not sure about the water... they are (still)digging up the street outside. Managed to confuse our washing machine yesterday by turning off water without telling us hmm so got to get dh to fix it. So not tea, no water, but we have got milk and wine... wink

chunkychips Wed 24-Sep-08 13:46:40

umlellala, I'm happy you're happy btw !

streakybacon Wed 24-Sep-08 18:23:54

But you CAN choose to be happy, regardless of what's going on around you, if you decide that's what you want to do. I'm up to my neck in shit at the moment (metaphorically, I hasten to add) but essentially I'm happy because I have decided I want to be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now