Talk

Advanced search

To put my heating on even though I resolved not to in September?

(17 Posts)
LittleDorrit Tue 23-Sep-08 21:07:36

Nothing controversial about this, but I resolved not to to put the heating on until October at the earliest, but I was so cold on Sunday morning that I put it on for an hour, and then again this morning - so lovely and toasty... I am in London, so I know it hasn't really been that cold yet, but my flat has no insulation, and rubbish windows that rattle when the wind blows.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Tue 23-Sep-08 21:12:37

YANBU....as long as you had already tried a warmer jumper and a pair of socks first

noonki Tue 23-Sep-08 21:21:06

I am wearing my coat!

LittleDorrit Tue 23-Sep-08 21:22:08

Yes, I did - in fact on Sunday morning I was huddling under a blanket on the sofa (after DD had tragged me out of bed...)!!!

Wisteria Tue 23-Sep-08 21:23:39

LD - I have just put the CH on tonight and in 20 years of having my own place have never put it on before October.........oh well, Off to Spain on Sunday! <smug cow emoticon>

btw - I have 2 jumpers on already too grin

S1ur Tue 23-Sep-08 21:26:35

Resist. Be strong. Think of the moral highground you can occupy!

I am sat here in jumper/socks/scarf and blanket. But then I am very high up moral mountain.

platypussy Tue 23-Sep-08 21:33:17

YANBU. But we are holding off a little while longer. Got 10 tea lights on in the lounge at the moment and its toasty warm and cosy.

LittleDorrit Tue 23-Sep-08 21:33:25

Slur - it's not on tonight - I am being strong !!! grin

expatinscotland Tue 23-Sep-08 21:36:46

Fix yourself a hot drink and put a fleece blanket over yourself.

LittleBella Tue 23-Sep-08 21:37:40

No. If it's cold, put the heating on.

I hate this new puritanism. There is nothing virtuous about being cold.

ethanchristopher Tue 23-Sep-08 21:39:25

im wrapped up in my big king sized dovet with my jamas, trackies, socks, slippers and jumper

im feeling the cold

but im also ill, the heating has broke and my bedroom window is broken so all the wind and the cold is getting in

SlartyBartFast Tue 23-Sep-08 21:41:50

put a jumper on.

if we all plan to put our heating on on october 1st there is going to be a melt down... massive

i think your body needs to get used to be cold and when you are cold and not yet used to it, it can be painful, you can be chilled to the bone. i know i was last weekend and broke my resolve in putting on heating, despite telling myself to put on a jumper! i just needed to feel warm

tjacksonpfc Tue 23-Sep-08 21:45:00

we are sat here with the window open in front room and our bedroom window is open and we only live in wiltshire lol

lauraloola Tue 23-Sep-08 21:50:26

I am determined to wait until October! Our house is cold. Dp tried to put the fire on in the front room last week - I went mad!!

Maybe I will try to wait until November this year. Who can actually afford to pay for the extra gas bills this winter?! Dd has loads of fleecy/padded sleepsuits ready to go!

umberella Tue 23-Sep-08 21:52:26

I am sitting here freezing too -we foolishly sanded our floors when we moved in and now the wind whistles up our trouser legs.

Oh for a sodding carpet. envy

NappyValley Tue 23-Sep-08 22:04:58

Mine went on for a few hours tonight!!

SilkCutMama Tue 23-Sep-08 22:06:10

I seem to remember I put mine on for a few hours in August too!!
blush

Has it just gone hot in here???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now