Talk

Advanced search

To think that I don't actually need 4 Autumn catalogues from Boden showing exactly the same stuff

(15 Posts)
rookiemater Tue 23-Sep-08 20:10:34

Just a bit of a rant about blooming Boden.
I should be used to it by now, but this season it seems to be even worse.

First Autumn catalogue arrives mid August. Have a flick through, see what Cod says on the Style section ( sycophantic mindless sheep that I am) and due to credit crunch and recurring levels of disappointment, resolve not to buy anything until the sale.

Then two weeks later another blinkin catalogue arrives with about 3 things different in it. Now call me cynical but surely they decide their stock months in advance, so why do they need to reissue it?

Fast forward another 2 weeks and same thing happens this time with some bizarre offer like buy £3000 of clothes and get a free beanie doll, or something similar.

Meanwhile due to reading Red Magazine and Sunday times have collected another 2 mini catalogues.

Today was another one, this time highlighting how to "wear" their Autumn range, which is clearly much different from the previous offerings [hmmm]

Annoyingly having bought a few things from Joules, they too seem to be following the pattern and littering our recycling bin with their pamphlets.

I don't want to cancel getting a catalogue as I do like to flick through and decide if I'm getting it. I just don't want to spend hours trawling through a variation on it every 2 weeks just to find a new spotty jumper or some such garment. Actually maybe I should just cancel it. Mutter mutter mutter....

lovecamping Tue 23-Sep-08 20:12:56

you are definitely not being unreasonable. i've got the same problem - u just need to buy something from them once and they start sending you a catelogue every 2 weeks.

really find it annoying

avenanap Tue 23-Sep-08 20:15:06

I've had 2 already. What a waste of paper!

melpomene Tue 23-Sep-08 20:15:23

I think someone here mentioned that they had asked to receive just one catalogue each season, and Boden agreed.

kt14 Tue 23-Sep-08 20:15:35

Don't for God's sake ever order from the White Company then, they're even worse, about one catalogue a fortnight arrives here.

Totally agree with you though, I chucked a couple of Boden ones in the recycling bag just today. I'd rather just have the one catalogue and cheaper clothes tbh. Must cost a fortune to print and send them all out.

thisisyesterday Tue 23-Sep-08 20:16:12

it's annoying isn't it. sch a waste of postage and paper and everything.
makes me cross and does NOT make me thing, ooh yes, I think I'll order something after all

moodlumthehoodlum Tue 23-Sep-08 20:17:10

Also, its completely pointless trying to order anything from the catalogues because everything decent is about 11 weeks (fgs) wait. By which time, Johnny will be trying to seduce us with leaving our winter blues behind for the first daffodil of spring and our new boden catalogue.

mazzystar Tue 23-Sep-08 20:20:11

It has taken me 5 attempts to get them to stop sending me three versions of everything.

I exclusively order online and will definitely boycott them if they fail to stop with all the postal crap this time.

It makes a mockery of their so-called green credentials.

katebee Tue 23-Sep-08 20:23:16

Completely agree with OP - I keep getting Boden catalogues...sent. Not only the adult ones but the Mini Boden catalogues too. Have no intention of buying until the sale!

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Tue 23-Sep-08 20:24:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rookiemater Tue 23-Sep-08 20:25:07

mazzy - have they stopped sending you catalogues altogether or just the repeats ? If its just the repeats, who do we contact to let them know ?

Piffle Tue 23-Sep-08 20:26:09

tell you what I did
Got 11 in one week
Put all of them into boden parcelbag and used free returns label
Popped in a jaunty clever bodenesque note about rainforests and numbers of eyes I possess
And posted it
Suffice to say I only get one every few weeks now. Progress ish

mazzystar Tue 23-Sep-08 20:28:54

I emailed customer services
Then I rang them
Then I emailed them again
And again
Then I rang again and went bananas

Time will tell

I have now told them that I don't want ANY post from them at all -[even though dd likes looking at the pictures of the babies in the mini catalogue], but I am very anti catalogue.

rookiemater Tue 23-Sep-08 20:33:53

That made me laugh Piffle. However I am saving my free returns labels to return the "jaunty zebra printed polo dress" or " fun velour orange flares" that I will inevitably order in the sale due to temporary madness, and then have to return when I discover that they don't suit me as well as Violetta (favourite time of year autumn due to all the scrunchy leaves) because she is 6 ft 4 and weighs 5 stone.

Piffle Tue 23-Sep-08 20:37:09

my free label was from dds clothes haul
Nothing goes back for her as she picks well!!!
So she farking should with catalogues being used for lunch wrapping,wallpaper,bog roll and fire lighting grin
Immersed is not a strong enough words.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now