Talk

Advanced search

To want to go out with my dh? Sorry its long

(5 Posts)
ithinkimtallandblonde Tue 23-Sep-08 17:27:55

Ok so the background to this is dh is off to oz with work for 6 weeks in 2 weeks time leaving me home alone with dd3 and ds1 plus our business and my regular job (pt nurse), which i am pretty bloody miserable about but doing my best brave face.

Every year his work throws an end of year ball and we always go. This may sound pretty sad but i love going with him, i've lost a stone especially and bought a beautiful dress, we usually book into a hotel and have a totally child free night. Anyway his work also hold an end of season trip which is for the employees only which. As he is going away i have had to organise all my shifts around him so as a result i'm on nights on the sat/sun the day after the event(fri). We only have his mum and dad to babysit and as they won't take the kids for the whole weekend he has asked them just till 11.30 on the night of the ball and all night on sat night. I'm really pissed off about this i get to go for 2 lousy hours and if i drink i'll have to mind dc's with hangover all day on my own before dropping them off and going to work all night.
He has in essence sacrificed our night out together so as he can have a night out with the boys. I should mention we have only really had one big night out together since last year. I have asked him not to go on the overnight trip this am to which he has agreed but in a sulky sort of a way and i know he hasn't actually canceled yet. So after all that AIBU to want him to be with me before he goes off on a trip of a lifetime or should i let him go and just go for the 2 hours and have fun. I should point out apart from being a SH** this time he's really good about the house doesn't go out much and does alot of the night time wakings (probably the reason i'll miss him so much, so maybe i am a BU.

aGalChangedHerName Tue 23-Sep-08 17:33:33

I'd be pissed off tbh (rightly or wrongly)

I wouldn't actually go to the ball if i could only go for 2 hours. Can you not get Sitters or something to sit with the dc?

ithinkimtallandblonde Tue 23-Sep-08 17:40:36

There isn't anyone that would stay with them till after 11 and we are calling in all of our babysitting favors whilst he's away. Neither of us are from where we live so not much family about.

I think the thing i hate the most is that i had to ask. Now i sort of feel like its ruined anyway as i've had to make him spend time with me. Dear god i@ll drown in self pity if i'm not careful.lol
Its a bit like asking for flowers, totally defeats the purpose.

aGalChangedHerName Wed 24-Sep-08 13:34:13

I would want DH to want to spent the time with me if he was going away for that length of time.

No real advice but hope things go ok for you x

ithinkimtallandblonde Wed 24-Sep-08 20:01:49

Thanks he's sorted it out so we are going now, he got invited somewhere later in the week that cheered him up no end so now he seems to have forgotten all about it. Men, what big bloody babies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now