Talk

Advanced search

to fuck my landlords over when I move out

(86 Posts)
2beornot2be Tue 23-Sep-08 15:56:20

I have lived at my current address since Jan and only took the place because I was desprate and they didn't want a deposit straight away well least they said they didn't and then after two days of being there they were bugging me for the deposit, Anyways one of the landlords is lovely but the other one is a complete twat who has made threats at me, Also came into the flat when he thought I was not there I was sick in bed. They have ripped me off I live in a shit hole flat they never did anything they promised like clean the pissing carpets and I have had a mouse problem since living there. My friend wants me to put fish everywhere in the house and take everything I can carry when I move out as there was no inventory check and I told them to use my deposit as a my last months rent since I knew it would be hell getting that off them.

Would I be unreasonable if I did take everything and not clean the flat also put the fish everywhere or is it what they deserve

NotDoingTheHousework Tue 23-Sep-08 15:58:12

Message withdrawn

Mutt Tue 23-Sep-08 15:58:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

onceinalifetime Tue 23-Sep-08 15:59:23

You need to consider whether you would need a reference from them for another property and if they are so awful, making threats, etc, whether they would take any action if you did do anything.

Personally, I would just be relieved to be out of there and just move on and forget it.

citronella Tue 23-Sep-08 15:59:33

Very tempting but rise above it.

LIZS Tue 23-Sep-08 16:00:12

hmm they could sue you apart from any criminal charges ! why bother ?

WeeBesom Tue 23-Sep-08 16:00:32

hmm Are you for real?

Grow up!

Saturn74 Tue 23-Sep-08 16:01:24

If they come into the property again without making an appointment, call the police.
Ditto if they make threats.
Mice problem is up to you to deal with as the tenant.
If it's a "shit hole" why would you want to take anything from there with you?
Apart from the fact that it's illegal, and if the landlords are as nasty as you say, they're likely to seek retribution.
Move out, move on.

Helsbels4 Tue 23-Sep-08 16:01:43

Here we go again....... hmm

MarlaSinger Tue 23-Sep-08 16:01:55

Did you not know it was a shit hole flat before you moved in?

FabioVicePeeperPlopper Tue 23-Sep-08 16:02:06

You sound like a nightmare.
Your landlords might be arseholes but there's no need to behave like a twat yourself.

Jesus.

2beornot2be Tue 23-Sep-08 16:03:15

Well my friend who is in real estate seems to think they have broke my contract from entering the property they really so would have no grounds to do anything. They really have fucked me over for for the last 9mths but yes I think I will just move out. Also they couldnt sue me for taking the stuff as they couldnt prove it was there in the first place

dittany Tue 23-Sep-08 16:03:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotDoingTheHousework Tue 23-Sep-08 16:04:46

Message withdrawn

LIZS Tue 23-Sep-08 16:04:48

why ask then, if you're so confident ?

zazen Tue 23-Sep-08 16:05:13

"the other one is a complete twat who has made threats at me, Also came into the flat when he thought I was not there I was sick in bed."

This is unacceptable bahaviour and is trespassing. No One is allowed threaten another person, nor trespass into their home.
Please report them to the police for threats and trespass and the health board and the housing agency for the vermin problem.

And don't do anything illegal yourself.
Hope you find habitable accommodation soon.

hatrick Tue 23-Sep-08 16:05:32

Message withdrawn

MarlaSinger Tue 23-Sep-08 16:05:52

hmm

how old are you? You sound really young.

MarlaSinger Tue 23-Sep-08 16:06:42

What are you thikning of taking anyway?

Is your 'real estate' friend the same one who mentioned fish?

2beornot2be Tue 23-Sep-08 16:06:55

HC I did call the police they said to take it to court long....

The mice were there before I was. When I say its a shit hole in the sense they were supposed to do alot of things from when I moved in like clean all the carpets and sofas also there was a great big hole in the wall which I didnt know about until it got bigger as they covered it with a picture they promised they would fix that.

They were suppose to put the deposit in TDS never did I pay £1275 for a 2 bedroom flat and its not worth half of that I am moving out but my as I said my friend thought it would be a an idea as they really have screwed me the last 9mths

StayFrosty Tue 23-Sep-08 16:07:04

They were wrong to come into your property wihtout giving you 24 hours notice, but this doesn't give you carte blanche to break the law, and as has been pointed out, you would be committing theft and criminal damage. Also, if you think (as you seem to) that breaking the law is justifiable as long as there's no possible comeback then hmm at you, lady.

hatrick Tue 23-Sep-08 16:07:50

Message withdrawn

theNaughtiestGirlKeepsaSecret Tue 23-Sep-08 16:07:57

Hmmm. TEmpting, but I wouldn't. When my x was 23 he did this to a landlord. Turned out the landlord was in the ACCa. (ASsoc of chartered accountants, whatever that is called) he knw my x was an accountant too, and he tried to make trouble for my x when he needed to renew his membership to the ACA or whatever it was called.

SO my point is, it's a small world and these things have a habit of coming back to bite you on the bum.

turquoise Tue 23-Sep-08 16:08:58

No wonder they badly wanted the deposit.

You sound like an absolute nightmare tenant.

hatrick Tue 23-Sep-08 16:09:09

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now