Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to want everyone to ask first before they start work

(6 Posts)
Lowfat Tue 23-Sep-08 12:13:19

I live in a smei on a fairly quiet dead end stret. We knew earlier this year we were scheduled to be repaved and were dreading the disruption.

But yesterday Balfour Beatty turned up and started to dig up the path directly outside our home for some sort of cable problem. and today the builder has started on my neighbours (who we are attached to)conservatory. To be fair to my neigbour we knew this would be happneing.

But I now have the builder digging the foundations for the conservatory at the back of the house and shaking the whole structure.

And a mini excavator on the path infront of the house cutting through the concrete and also shaking the house. DS (21mn) is a nervouse wreck from all the banging and shaking - no chance of him napping today. And I see no excape as tomorow it will be the same with the neigbours and the workmen will have moved to outside the front door.

Arrrgh!

mayorquimby Tue 23-Sep-08 12:16:46

yabu construction work from time to time is an expected part of living in a community that we all have to put up with (once inside planning laws etc)
of course it'd b nice to get a heads up but expecting people to ask you before they do something is overkill.

Lowfat Tue 23-Sep-08 12:19:26

Ahh wait it has started to rain....and showing the obvious difference between the employed and the self-emplyed. All the BB men are sitting in the truck with cups of tea, yet neighbours guy is still going at it hammer and tongs pic-axe

Mum2OliverJames Tue 23-Sep-08 12:21:02

hmm, can you not go to your mums or a friends?

i had builders next door for 6 months starting when my DS was 1 month old, thye were relentless, even when i asked them to keep quite for DS's nap they wouldnt. i was pretty much living around MIL's and my mum and dad had also told me i was welcome to use their house when they were at work.
luckily we were only renting so could move easily into a blissfully quiet street.

hopefully your workmen will only be there for a short while smile

is there any where you can go?

cupsoftea Tue 23-Sep-08 12:22:13

I had to lol here last week at one chap digging, one shovelling in a digger & the rest standing around smoking!!

Yanda Tue 23-Sep-08 12:22:18

yabu, its just life. It will be over soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now