Talk

Advanced search

DH...sigh

(10 Posts)
iwantasecondone Mon 22-Sep-08 20:33:37

We were meant to be having a "night in" together. Baby been asleep since 7, he WILL wake by 2...DH been on the bloody phone since 7. We were meant to make dinner together, have nearly finished cooking it on my own. He knows I have to be in bed before 10 as the night shift with DS starts at about 2 and is 1-2 hours all night...AIBU to want him to stop chatting? Have cast him a few dirty looks which get an "I'm sorry...I'll be right there looks." Sigh.

LilRedWG Mon 22-Sep-08 20:35:37

re not being unreasonable at all. Maybe say in a loud voice, "Dinner is ready!". I have done this several times.

nowwearefour Mon 22-Sep-08 20:35:46

depends who he is talking to and what about i suppose! friend for a chat- get off the phone pull out of wall. family member hurry up. someone sad then i suppose he has to have his chat....

Sparkletastic Mon 22-Sep-08 20:36:29

Who is he talking to?! Unless it is GOD he must hang up now!!

wink

memoo Mon 22-Sep-08 20:36:39

who is he talking to?

Bluebutterfly Mon 22-Sep-08 20:36:43

Who is he on the phone with? If it is a friend/family member YANBU. Tell him to get the hell off of the phone and help.

If it is work, then YAB a bit U. These things are deeply annoying, but they happen. Even though you are tired and annoyed, try to not let it ruin the evening!

noonki Mon 22-Sep-08 20:38:27

maybe reschedule for tomorrow?

iwantasecondone Mon 22-Sep-08 20:41:14

Not only is it just a friend, he spent first 15 mins of it chatting to the wife of friend, who he HATES! Have just gone and given the look of death and he has just hung up and taken over dinner prep.

verybigbird Mon 22-Sep-08 20:51:18

No, YANBU to want him to stop chatting, but it might be that it is hard to extricate himself from the conversation he's having...

Either way, agree that next time you are having a "night in", you let 1571 take the calls for you both.

Hope by now you are enjoying your dinner.

verybigbird Mon 22-Sep-08 20:52:03

Just read your last message. (Phone rang when answering your OP!) Glad things have been resolved. Bon appetit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now