Talk

Advanced search

To sell the ridiculous and impractical highchair I bought? Preemptive guilt.

(112 Posts)
DeJaVous Mon 22-Sep-08 20:05:36

I was definitely BU to buy the damn thing in the first place and I will tolerate it no longer! I'd love to ceremoniously destroy it TBH, but that really would BU. So, I suppose I should sell it...

The thing is, I have preemptive guilt about landing some other foolish mother of a PFB with it. It really is a nightmarish article, obviously designed by someone who has never seen a baby eat.

The concept is good, the execution is fucking stupid. I dare to bet that it's got more filth traps than any other highchair ever created. Here's the poncey thing.

I knew BLW was going to be messy.

I knew I should just get an Antilop or a Tripp Trapp.

I wanted something I didn't mind having to look at, I ordered it online.

This is my PFB.

I was foolish and I repent.

So, am I being unreasonable to (potentially) subject another family to Highchair Hell?

avenanap Mon 22-Sep-08 20:08:23

Ebay!

Cappuccino Mon 22-Sep-08 20:12:19

oh god that is funny

I like the way the woman wanders around with it, a little lost, as if to say "this would be lovely, but a child will really fuck with my decor"

soph28 Mon 22-Sep-08 20:15:33

I undertand your dilemma. YANBU- sell it!

Yanda Mon 22-Sep-08 20:16:23

lol at the lady dancing with the highchair...double lol at the 3yo or more climbing to the highchair in its seat position and crossing her legs oh so elegantly whilst secretly she would rather sit on a chair like any normal preschooler. I can't disagree with you, it is rather poncey smile

Ebay it, don't feel guilty. Just because you don't like it someone else might despite the filth traps.

charchargabor Mon 22-Sep-08 20:16:37

OK, that video is so hilarious! grin It's cute if you like that sort of thing, but God it must be seriously impractical. How much does one of those cost? I would ebay or gumtree it and buy a cheapo one.

Cappuccino Mon 22-Sep-08 20:17:11

I bought a massive highchair

it was bigger than our dining table

we gave it away

fecking stupid thing. Why do they recline? you're feeding them, not rocking them to sleep?

and surely any child is going to be waving the 'removable snack tray' (why? why? so you can pretend you're a butler?) around their heads as soon as they get their grubby mitts on it

DeJaVous Mon 22-Sep-08 20:17:53

The baby in the film has a (plastic) strawberry, real strawberries stain the plastic...

I really do feel guilty about selling ithmm

cupsoftea Mon 22-Sep-08 20:19:39

lol at her white outfit & the 2yr old looks so uncomfortable with that middle prong to sit around

Yurtgirl Mon 22-Sep-08 20:24:18

Antilop less than £15 including tray - job done

Although of course an antilop doesnt have a fancy video....... perhaps I was wrong after all!

DeJaVous Mon 22-Sep-08 20:27:33

I really have no idea why I bought it, I blame the hormones.

MIL has given me one of her old Tripp Trapps (were her old dining room chairs) and I've ordered the babyset. I can barely wait...

I'll replace the encrusted velcro that holds the cushions in and sell the farkin' thing!

geraldinetheluckygoat Mon 22-Sep-08 20:36:05

yes, LMAO at the thought of having a baby, mother and todler about to enter an eating situation, all DRESSED IN WHITE shock

mooki Mon 22-Sep-08 20:39:31

My mum bought an over-the-top high chair from her next door neighbour for feeding my DD on visits. It was like a grey mock -leather, football manager's executive seat and also had 3 reclining positions. We called it the Recaro DD went nuts every time she was in it. Now has an anitlop and is much, much happier.

I think though, that people should be allowed to make their own baby-product mistakes so YANBU.

Yurtgirl - we could make our own Antilop videos? DD does a good escapology trick from the one at other grandma's house as it's got no strap on it...

DeJaVous Mon 22-Sep-08 20:46:46

We should definitely make an Antilop videogrin DD sits properly and eats better in the one at MILs house then she ever does in The Monster, she could play the role of angelic BLW bolognese eater...

pinkspottywellies Mon 22-Sep-08 20:47:41

That is soooo funny. Babies and or food star in it for about 8 seconds in total grin

I especially love the bit where she takes the removeable tray to the worktop (about a foot away), places the bottle and bowl on it and places it back in front of the baby!

Megglevache Mon 22-Sep-08 20:50:38

Lol oh LOl at that advert.

EBAY!

Califrau Mon 22-Sep-08 20:52:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BroccoliSpears Mon 22-Sep-08 20:53:10

I love the way that a major selling point appears to be that it has wheels.

pooka Mon 22-Sep-08 20:53:20

Why is it easier to put bottle and snack on the snack tray and then teeter carefully with the thing all of 2 feet to put the tray with snack and drink back on the beast? Wouldn't it be easier to just put them on the tray when it is still attached to the highchair?

Bet lots of porridge gets trapped in its grooves.

pooka Mon 22-Sep-08 20:54:08

X-post with pinkspottywellies! grin

Megglevache Mon 22-Sep-08 20:54:20

Ahem, at least you did not purchase this

Oh the shame.

spudballoo Mon 22-Sep-08 20:58:39

I wish I'd known about the Antilop a few years back. I shelled out £££££ for a Svan. In many ways it's great; great upright position, very adjustable, looks good blaaaah. But my God is it awful to clean, I hate it.

Then we got a 2nd home and I kitted it out with Ikea top to bottom including x2 Antilops. BRILLIANT! Great position, easy to clean, cheaps as chips. I have a M&P great big 'thing' at my Dads. Takes us forever to put the damn thing up, takes up half the room, the children are so far reclined (even in the 'upright' position that I fear they will choke and they are soooo far underneath the tray it's hilarious.

Antilop all the way!

DeJaVous Mon 22-Sep-08 21:00:09

Oh the prorrige (well everything really) really works it's way into the grooves. Crumbs and sticky stuff get stuck in the velcro. The tray fills up with water when you wash it in the sink, the cushions have white backs (FFS)...

<whispers> I did briefly consider it Meggblush

Yurtgirl Mon 22-Sep-08 21:07:03

Ah but the antilop has no wheels, thus how will we dance and glide about the kitchen

I loved our antilop, we had 2 trays and customised with funky stripy straps. I would definitely buy another if the need should arise - it wont, but I would iykwim

LavenderTea Mon 22-Sep-08 21:09:59

It's a piece of art !! blush

ahem ..... well at least the advert would like us to believe that.......
Put it on ebay with the ad link, and watch it sell grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now