Talk

Advanced search

To lay on the sofa under the quilt when the house is a mess, cos I feel like poo,.

(10 Posts)
DustyTv Mon 22-Sep-08 16:11:59

I feel like crap, I have tidied up once today but you know what it is like with young DC in the house.

The kitchen is like a bomb site, I haven't washed the breakfast pots or anything yet. I have however got dinner prepared and DD is at least clean, if still in her pj's.

Do you think it would be so bad for DH to come home to this after he has been at work all day? I know he will be fine but I feel guilty, knowing DH he will probably do all the kitchen and bedtime routine even though he has been at work all day.

Please tell me it's ok, I am not BU [wink}

DustyTv Mon 22-Sep-08 16:12:57

wink even.

TheHedgeWitch Mon 22-Sep-08 16:14:54

Message withdrawn

scotlass Mon 22-Sep-08 16:15:43

I don't think you are. Mums are allowed to be ill once in a while and the world's not going to end due to a few dirty dishes from this morning. If it helps I'm in the same situation as you so no you are def NBU grin. If your DH wants to do stuff when he gets in then appreciate it don't feel guilty as my DH always says it's not a competition and you're ill not lazy.

Tortington Mon 22-Sep-08 16:16:54

if you're ill that's fine

DustyTv Mon 22-Sep-08 16:22:17

Thanks I know I shouldn't feel guilty. DH is really good bless him he will be at work all day and if I am ill (not often) always does more than his fair share of housework and childcare etc.
He says if he was ill he would actually be off work, and that I cannot be off 'work' when ill.

I think I will do the dishes, but leave the hoovering and stuff till mum comes round tomorrow.

bloomingfedup Mon 22-Sep-08 16:36:04

YANBU. Its lovley to have such a nice DH.smile The H/w can wait and TBH dinner is way more important in my book.

bloomingfedup Mon 22-Sep-08 16:39:26

BTW you would'nt have been unreasonable not to do dinner either.wink

DustyTv Mon 22-Sep-08 17:10:36

lol, thanks, I've done the dishes and shown the hoover to the carpet (literally run it over the carpet once or twice blush)

DH will be home soon so he can take over with DD and I can chill out and have a kip.

bloomingfedup Mon 22-Sep-08 17:17:35

Enjoy!smile Hopw you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now