Talk

Advanced search

To be completly and utterly excited about xmas already

(17 Posts)
thescurvysockmonsterofdoom Sun 21-Sep-08 10:00:28

I really am I can't wait.
we are in our house amnd can have a massive tree, we have a chimney for you know who. I am hosting for my parents and grandma. dd1 is healthy and full of beans, dd2 is already asking if santa will bring her a fifi bike and helmet.
I want to make paper chains and glittery stuff with dd's and turn my house into a grotto.
I just feel like we belong here and it is goin to be the best xmas ever (and that is with no money).
DH has 10 days of work which is the longest I have seen him for in ages.
PERFECT.
now as you were and sorry for bringing this to everyones attention.
grin

QOD Sun 21-Sep-08 10:05:37

awwwwwwwwwwww bless you!

littleboo Sun 21-Sep-08 10:06:58

no don't apologise curvy.... i too am excited, (but sadly am the same every year) I can't wait to hear the christmas tunes playing in the shops and had to contain myself from a rush of excitement when i saw the mince pies in sainsburys ( well maybe not) but .... i love christmas, so enjoy your excitement.smile

By the way how many weeks to go...... is it 14?????grin

morningpaper Sun 21-Sep-08 10:07:59

me too, as soon as the first leaves of autumn start falling I am plotting how to string up lights in the garden and wondering what to buy everyone...

thescurvysockmonsterofdoom Sun 21-Sep-08 10:09:35

ohhh, I have outdoors as well now, I can put lights in the garden grin I have already done half of the shopping, would it be too much to buy xmas mugs and general tatt. nah course it wouldn't.

pointydog Sun 21-Sep-08 10:09:59

get a hobby

Nbg Sun 21-Sep-08 10:10:13

I've started buying presents and its got me all excited grin

littleboo Sun 21-Sep-08 10:12:12

outdoors - well hadn't thought of that but as you mention it.......

SammyK Sun 21-Sep-08 10:12:54

I was wrapping xams presents last night! shock blush

I am buy them a few a week, and wrap as I buy.

I love xmas too - am like a big kid! grin

BibiThree Sun 21-Sep-08 10:13:43

Not just you, me too grin

My only concern is how to keep the dts away from the tree

mymama Sun 21-Sep-08 11:25:02

Am very excited too. Have started soaking my fruit for xmas cake.

compo Sun 21-Sep-08 11:29:22

a few a week? you'll have how mnay by xmas?!!

Acinonyx Sun 21-Sep-08 11:38:16

I confess I am dying to start making paper chains and glittery stuff with dd. Will try and hold out for a few weeks.

We are also in a new house, so a bit more space for Xmas stuff.

Buda Sun 21-Sep-08 11:42:35

I love it too. Have bought a couple of little bits for Xmas presents and am thinking about doing my cake next week or the week after.

AbbeyA Sun 21-Sep-08 11:54:17

I love it but only when we get to December-I don't even want to think about it yet.

Ronaldinhio Sun 21-Sep-08 11:54:37

my mum is the same
YABVU

Joolyjoolyjoo Sun 21-Sep-08 12:01:00

I'm getting quite excited too- the kids are at a fab age (4,3 and 10mths) and can still be fobbed off with relatively cheap pressies. I've always loved Christmas, but have been looking forward to this one since last year- last year DH was away in the Gulf, and we had a little quiet Christmas, with no turkey, so this year I intend to make up for that!! I want the full Crimbo experience this year- massive tree (DH and I have to have the traditional argument where he moans for an artificial tree, then wants to buy some ridiculously small thing, whereas I want one that would look more at home in Times Square. We compromise on one that I think is too small and he thinks is too big, but it always looks great when it is decorated), big turkey (again, DH always moans that he'd rather have steak) far too much food (cue more moaning about how much I've spent), decorations, christmas cd's- I love the whole thing!

You've got me all excited now!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now