Talk

Advanced search

to be worried that DS1 starts school in January but I've heard nothing from the school?

(6 Posts)
Ponka Sun 21-Sep-08 00:02:13

Nothing.

I have a letter from the local authority telling me he's got a place but that's it.

I'm going to give them a ring soon. I'm not even sure whether they are starting him full-time or easing him in gently.

Is this unusual? I know there are still over 3 months to go but I'm wondering if a letter may have got lost.

I have a feeling I'm going to be one of those parents who calls the school too many times for their liking grin

AuraofDora Sun 21-Sep-08 00:04:39

i'd chill a bit
the september kids have just started
am sure they will let us know (am in same boat)
put that dialing finger away lady grin

Ponka Sun 21-Sep-08 00:07:47

grin

debzmb62 Sun 21-Sep-08 00:21:48

can i ask what part of the country you live were i am they only have 1 intake in september !january sound good mind

Ponka Sun 21-Sep-08 00:30:18

Nottinghamshire. I think it depends on the individual school as well as the area. Some schools even do three intakes per year, I think.

ShyBaby Sun 21-Sep-08 00:40:22

We didnt get a letter for ages. Applied for dd in Feb/March I think. Went to some open day later (I dont know, ds attended the same school at the time, I was there often). We only got the letter confirming dates in August.

Here they dont do a January intake anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now