Talk

Advanced search

To be really really upset and fed-up with my flaky friend

(17 Posts)
BlaDeBla Fri 19-Sep-08 19:11:09

I arranged through my parents for a friend and her family to stay at a cottage near us rented by my parents. Since they arrived, they have been making every excuse not to see us. We have been over, we said when we would arrive. They were out and returned over an hour later. After that they were fine. It has been impossible to make any plans,and I am sad that I do not want this friend of mine flaking around ever again.

My friend was also rude to my 4 year old and accused me of imitating her 18month old boyshock

nickytwotimes Fri 19-Sep-08 19:12:58

Not much of a friend then, really?

Megglevache Fri 19-Sep-08 19:14:28

Erm. You are still friends with her? Sounds v. odd

BouncingTurtle Fri 19-Sep-08 19:14:57

Chalk it up to experience and don't contact her again. She sounds like she taking advantage of your kind nature sad

newgirl Fri 19-Sep-08 19:18:46

hmm im not sure what going on - maybe they are having a tough time rowing or whatever? no idea but sometimes stuff just goes on that isnt about you.

if i were you id do your own thing and be cheerful, make sure they have your number and let them call you. if they dont, chalk it up to experience

potatofactory Fri 19-Sep-08 19:18:56

That's a real shame. I know all about friendships turning out to be disappointing... poor you! YANBU

potatofactory Fri 19-Sep-08 19:19:34

good advice from new girl

NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 19:20:28

sod her.

NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 19:21:19

didn't mean to post that quickly!

mean to say just cross her off the xmas card list and put it down to expericne. is sad, but in a few years you will wonder why you were ever pals.

newgirl Fri 19-Sep-08 19:23:14

thanks potatofactory! (what is the story behind that name?!]

BlaDeBla Fri 19-Sep-08 19:27:45

My friend is certainly odd, Megglevache! I truly don't know what she thinks she is doing, and I don't think she has any idea of how strange her behaviour is. She doesn't find herself the slightest bit oddshock

I like her, but I do not like the way she behaves sometimes. We fell out 10 years ago because she had to read her tealeaves before she left the house and even then didn't know which way to go (it really is true).

Her stuff is certainly NOT about me, newgirl - I can see that. smile I am affected by it by my own problems, which are frankly pretty horrible at the mosad

She has just called to arrange meeting tomorrow, in a place of her choosing at a time of her liking.... I really don't know if I can be bothered. Her time-keeping is appalling. This is something I hate - that people are late and arrive when they like as though your time is not important. Sorry for the rant! And thank you everyone for your responses!

Megglevache Fri 19-Sep-08 19:46:58

well you obviously feel there is something worth salvaging there.
I'd have a back up plan for that hour she isn't there or for if she doesn't turn up- that way it's disappointing but at least you're actuallygetting something done (like buying shoes FE!)

BlaDeBla Fri 19-Sep-08 20:08:28

Buying shoes? On the Norfolk Coast?? grin
You are right though, Megglevache, but the downside is hard to bear. Still haven't called back. I would normally find lots of worthy useful things to do to stop myself being annoyed.

I think she doesn't understand that in order for her to be staying in my parents' house, my dh and I have to do quite a lot of work to make it ready. For that, I have been taken for granted.

potatofactory Fri 19-Sep-08 21:14:14

couldn't possibly say! It'd be blush

TheHedgeWitch Fri 19-Sep-08 21:40:38

Message withdrawn

BlaDeBla Sat 20-Sep-08 09:39:05

That's a very good point, TheHedgeWitch. My friend did say that she wanted to see me. We are effectively their hosts and we are responsible for the house they are in. If they wanted to come for a holiday lasting a week, I really think I should have been told before they arrived. Instead, they are floating along at their own convenience and I don't know when they are going.

Frankly I feel pretty used and annoyed.

OooWowOooArr Sat 20-Sep-08 09:41:34

Tell her brief version of this and sod her if excuse is lame..
Tell her what you expected too. Ooh so tricky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now