Talk

Advanced search

to not believe the ebayer seller who tells me the reason for late posting is that her baby was rushed into hospital?

(7 Posts)
Spidermama Fri 19-Sep-08 16:44:23

It's just that I've heard it so often before.

I used to always take these excuses at face value just in case, but I tire of it now. It has happened too often to be genuine.

I bought something from her which I need for my work. I bought it 13 days ago. Still nothing. She didn't respond to my first email then when I wrote the second told me, quite snappily, her 4 month old was taken into hospital.

What would you do?

Must go. Promised DS he could get on the computer now but will be back later.

MaureenMLove Fri 19-Sep-08 16:46:52

Not much you can do, other than believe her, is there? If she has promised to post it this weekend and you haven't got it by say, Tuesday, then kick up a fuss, but I think you'll have to give her the benefit of the doubt.

littleducks Fri 19-Sep-08 16:47:00

its hard isnt it, she could be honest and all the previous people liars

misdee Fri 19-Sep-08 16:48:28

well this happened to us the other week. dh was in hospital for a couple of daysat the end of one week. then on the sunday i had to dd3 in to hospital about her broken fingers, and spent another day there having her fingers operated on. was mad!

kerryk Fri 19-Sep-08 18:28:32

i think ebay has a massive curse over it.

i have only used it a handfull of times but guranteed as soon as i pay the seller (or there dc) will be taken into hospital/catch the flu or be trampled by a herd of elephants.

Quattrocento Fri 19-Sep-08 18:34:47

Well here's the thing - DD (10) wanted a new IPOD (she wanted a nano which is much better than a shuffle. Apparently).

So I told her off for being wasteful and said she would have to sell her old IPOD and make up the money to buy a new one. So get this - she sets up pictures and everything on EBAY, inviegles DH into setting up something called a pal account, and sells her IPOD.

The only trouble was that she sold her IPOD the very day we went to France on holiday for 3 weeks and therefore was unable to post it as she had left it at home.

Was the buyer irate?

You bet.

Spidermama Fri 19-Sep-08 19:29:11

Yes I'll bet quattro. Good for her getting it up and running. Shame she just lost a bit on the finish.

This seller has good feedback. I never buy from people with insufficient or bad feedback.

Her letter is agressively offensive. I started as the injured party left without the equipment I piad for for my frelance project and have missed a deadline. But now she's the victim.

You're right though. I can't openly disbelieve her JUST IN CASE. angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now