Talk

Advanced search

To think that delivery companies should be able to tell you at least whether they're coming morning or afternoon

(16 Posts)
Kaybeeand2boys Fri 19-Sep-08 14:30:36

I HATE sitting in all day waiting only to have them turn up at 5pm

Anna8888 Fri 19-Sep-08 14:38:12

Don't.

I've waited in all day for the electrician (he has just left, it took him 5 minutes to work out what was needed).

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

catstar Fri 19-Sep-08 14:44:29

I agree! I don't understand why supermarket online deliveries can give you a two hour slot and always be on time, but couriers and delivery companies cannot co-ordinate themselves to do this and can only give you a 12 hour slot.

Kaybeeand2boys Fri 19-Sep-08 14:50:01

it's just so frustrating - it's such a nice day and am stuck at home with the dc. A friend invited us to the park but couldn't go..........

differentID Fri 19-Sep-08 14:53:23

maybe it's because they have to do pick ups and deliveries in the same van and have to do a route that's as efficient as possible?

Amaris Fri 19-Sep-08 14:57:48

I stopped ordering from John Lewis because they use a courier company that's like this. And rude on the phone. And situated in the middle of the countryside miles from anywhere so would take me an hour and a half to pick something up from them.

2beornot2be Fri 19-Sep-08 15:29:44

Why not pass on instructions when ordering to leave somewhere I.E Porchway or garage etc then u wont have to sit in and wait. You could also pay more to have it delievered at a certain time. I know that the drivers deliever for lots of different companies so they have all sorts of parcels on there vans and have to go a set route rather than go here and there for certain times. Also how many of you would complain if your parcel was late.

GordonTheGopher Fri 19-Sep-08 15:30:35

You can pester them by phone and they usually can give you a better idea.

Kaybeeand2boys Fri 19-Sep-08 15:44:45

I can't get it left outside or with a neighbour, it's 6 dining chairs!!

Already spoke to them at half ten this morning and she said she couldn't give any time other than between 7am and 7pm angry. With my luck they will turn up while i am trying to bath 2 babies and can't answer the door!

fizzbuzz Fri 19-Sep-08 16:32:48

I once waited for something from Argos, got fed up and went out.

When I tried to order from Argos next time, I couldn't because I was on a list as "undeliverable to" hmm This was before I had the internet and mostly done on the phone (about 7 years ago)

I just go out now, when waiting for a delivery, they always ry and re-deliver. Have to say, wonder how much more that costs them, than givig someone a timed slot...

patoamarillo Fri 19-Sep-08 17:05:21

Im on third day of waiting for copy of DS´s birth cert. Each day I have phoned them in the morning to be told they will be coming that day, yesterday called at 6pm to be told they were running late but on there way of course didn´t come. Called to day to be told they came yesterday, I told them they were lying or went to the wrong house. Im waiting again...hmm

sammybeth Fri 19-Sep-08 17:06:37

I was doing just that today waiting for a wardrobe from argos and it arrived about half hour ago, typical!!!!

notsoteenagemum Fri 19-Sep-08 17:11:53

This makes me so angry too its bad service IMO I had two sofas elivered from Ikea they said they'd phone an hour before they were coming, had a call at work they were at the door! Had to run home to let them in as said they'd only wait 10 mins. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

MinkyBorage Fri 19-Sep-08 17:13:02

dh reckons that we will look back on this in ten years with disbelief that they got away with it for so long. It is ridiculous, and there is NO reason for it at all.

patoamarillo Fri 19-Sep-08 17:20:08

ha ha, its just arrived!!

Of course all folded and crinkled even though the enveloped says please dont fold, I cant believe I paid 11 quid for this "service" angry

2beornot2be Fri 19-Sep-08 17:25:58

Argos and john lewis use the same company its Home Delievery Network and you should be able to get a track and trace number from whoever is sending the parcels and online you can check when its arriving

I know its a pain as my company send out parcels and I am forever getting calls about parcels and where they are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now