Talk

Advanced search

to ask my dp if we can go to mil's tomorrow instead as I feel like poo?

(8 Posts)

It's mil's birthday tomorrow, we were sposed to be going down this afternoon (hah!) but nothing is done because we've all felt so rotten and before we go I have to:

Finish about 3 hours worth of work on the computer
Find and pack clothes for all 3 of us.
Collect together baby stuff, food, travel cot, bedding, toys etc
Find a tin or box for mil's cake, and wrap her present
Scrub cats litter tray, pack up their stuff and take them to my sisters.
Buy calpol, lemsips etc and go to chemist to pick up prescriptions.
Buy mil a birthday card.
Finish a huge sink full of washing up.
Pack the car.
Have a shower and bath baby.

And I've got a cold and a really sore throat, period pains, and a poorly looking baby here, and no calpol/painkillers or anything. Dp is in work with my debit card (to get petrol) so can't get any til later. Also, mil hasn't been well recently and is just back on her feet after an ear and throat infection, but I know she won't say don't come.

Aibu, or aibap (Am I Being A Pansy) to say I want to go tomorrow instead, giving me more time to get ready? I know dp will kick up a major fuss, so I want to know if aibu first before approaching him. blush

RubyRioja Fri 19-Sep-08 09:55:40

Not a pansy, but you can buy paracetamol for 16p, can you not dig up some change or borrow pills from neighbour. DOn't suffer more than you need to.

PinkyDinkyDooToo Fri 19-Sep-08 11:28:53

THere is no point going when you feel that awful. Also if its a long journey then it would be better done after some rest. I'm sure your MIL wil understand.

Tell your DH you need more time

Bit of a trek to the supermarket for some 16p paracetamol unfortunately, the local shop is extortionate for everything, and I only have coppers (scraped what I had together last night to go to the chippy as wasn't up to cooking)

I have said we'd better go tomorrow, and the reasons why (plus my boss has just sent more work through as he doesn't know I'm not well) and dp said he doesn't see what difference going tomorrow will make.

Well no, because he wouldn't. He'll come home, have a cup of tea and a nice long shower, then throw a shirt in a bag and declare himself ready while I do everyfuckingthing else and get in the car unshowered and crumpled because we don't have time for me to shower as well.

Of course, going tomorrow will also be translated into "you hate my mother" despite the fact I spent an entire day baking an enormous birthday cake and icing it with welsh sentiments and sugar flowers I ordered weeks ago, and despite the fact that I chose and bought and wrapped her gift etc, and will have to chose and write her cards. angry

Oh, I can't be arsed with it all today, he can sod off with knobs on.

MasterBatesLePew Fri 19-Sep-08 11:52:01

We'll all say YANBU then you can show DH the thread.

2beornot2be Fri 19-Sep-08 15:40:03

YANBU poor you I hate them days when its never ending and you have to go somewhere I tend to let everyone down and lie on the sofa lol

2beornot2be Fri 19-Sep-08 15:40:07

YANBU poor you I hate them days when its never ending and you have to go somewhere I tend to let everyone down and lie on the sofa lol

2beornot2be Fri 19-Sep-08 15:40:09

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now