Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to want Sky to put "300" on in HD?

(24 Posts)
GreenMonkies Thu 18-Sep-08 22:10:46

I mean, I know it's a gore-fest, but can you imagine all those incredibley ripped abs in High Definition??

I'm palpitating just thinking about it.....

falcon Thu 18-Sep-08 22:11:40

LOL I quite agree, I love that movie and not just for Gerard Butler.

GreenMonkies Thu 18-Sep-08 22:13:06

Oh no, not just for Gerard Butler! (how dare he look like that at 38?)

The rest of them are spectacularly fit too!!!

squeaver Thu 18-Sep-08 22:13:11

I found our the other day that GB was at Uni at the same time as me. We could have been in the library lift together making sweet love between floors.

But he was a law student, and they were tossers.

squeaver Thu 18-Sep-08 22:13:46

GM - I think he's a wee bit older than that.

falcon Thu 18-Sep-08 22:16:33

38 is right, he's 39 in November.

GreenMonkies Thu 18-Sep-08 22:19:16

Well, he's a year younger than me, which makes him 38 now, but "300" was made in 2006,so he would actually have been 36, but even so it's somehow wrong that he should be that blardy fit when most 26 year olds would be happy to be half that fabulous.

GreenMonkies Thu 18-Sep-08 22:20:12

(is is tragic that I know that much about him? imdb is a mine of very useful information sometimes!)

midlandsmumof4 Thu 18-Sep-08 23:41:04

You lot are not for real are you? FGS-this a CGI film!! He was breathtakingly beautiful (& VERY real!!) in 'Dear Frankie'.

GreenMonkies Fri 19-Sep-08 14:01:15

I know that CGI is used in the film, but on the sets/environment, I haven't seen anything that says the cast (he looks pretty real in that picture!) were CGI enhanced, but I have read a lot about the gruelling "300 Work-out" (here too) they did to prepare for the film.

Real or not, it's still a lech-fest!

stealthsquiggle Fri 19-Sep-08 14:07:50

whilst recognising that I may have been asleep at the time, I could swear DH tried to make me watch 300 on SkyHD as part of his 'look how fab my new toy is' campaign hmm

GreenMonkies Fri 19-Sep-08 14:36:40

No, Stealth, no, don't say that, did I miss it?? When was it?? shock

stealthsquiggle Fri 19-Sep-08 14:42:49

this suggests you haven't missed it

<<wonders what the hell I was watching and/or how>>

GreenMonkies Fri 19-Sep-08 14:49:56

I searched ahead a week on Movies HD and didn't see it, I'll just have to keeplooking! That link doesn't tell you when they are showing it on HD, which is frustrating.

[wanders off muttering obsessively about ripped abs etc......]

2beornot2be Fri 19-Sep-08 15:34:10

So is Sky HD worth getting I have just got a 40inch Hd ready plasma TV moving house next week and want to get sky is HD worth it? also can you have HD with a sky + box

AMutinyInSouthsea Fri 19-Sep-08 16:24:22

It's amazing, specially if you have a TV that size - you really can see the difference. And it does come with Sky +. The HD programmes do fill up the drive a lot quicker though grin.

But it only has a fairly small number of channels in HD, so I guess it depends how often you want to watch shows on those channels - it's good for films specially, but then obviously you'd need to get the movies channels.

2beornot2be Fri 19-Sep-08 16:30:09

So is it worth the cost of the box

GreenMonkies Fri 19-Sep-08 16:34:32

2be, if you want I can recommend you as a friend and you can get the Sky+ box for free (£75 for the HD Sky+ box).

We have a 37" flat screen telly and you can see the difference between the HD and the standard channels.

I'll put my hotmail adress on my profile for a while if you want to get the sky offer.

2beornot2be Fri 19-Sep-08 16:36:07

Yes It wont be until next week when I move but I am up for that offer thanks Greenmonkies

GreenMonkies Fri 19-Sep-08 16:38:50

let me know when you've got my address and I'll take it off then!

AMutinyInSouthsea Fri 19-Sep-08 16:38:55

Does your new TV have a builtin digital decoder? Have you tried looking at the free BBC HD service and compared it with the ordinary BBC channels? For me, there's a big difference and it's worth paying extra to get it. But it's extra for the box and then extra every month for the subscription, so if you're not that impressed by the difference, or you don't watch it much then it might not be worth it to you. [sitting on fence emoticon]

2beornot2be Fri 19-Sep-08 17:01:11

Hey Greenmonkies I have got the email address thanks for that will defo use you I move next sunday.

I don't know if it has a decoder thing how can I find that out I can barely use the remote :-/

AMutinyInSouthsea Fri 19-Sep-08 19:41:53

Do you just get 5 channels, or lots more? If more, then it must be getting the digital signal - you can look through the channel guide (there must be an option somewhere...) and find the BBC HD one.

GreenMonkies Fri 17-Oct-08 20:01:37

Oooh!! It's on Sky Screen Screen2 HD tonight at 9......

Thank you Sky! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now