Talk

Advanced search

to be bloody furious to be told by my five year old that he hasn't done pe yet this term because he hasn't got a PE kit?

(26 Posts)
SmugColditz Thu 18-Sep-08 16:37:41

He has. I sent it in on the first day of term, all labeled.

and NOBODY HAS SAID A FREAKING WORD ABOUT THIS, despite me seeing the teacher every freaking day, and he has been made to sit and watch every time.

He exploded at me after school, asking me why he hasn't got a PE kit like all the other children sad angry

Why hasn't anyone said anything!

llynnnn Thu 18-Sep-08 16:41:04

thats awful, your poor ds. cant imagine WHY they wouldnt have mentioned it to you!!!
wonder where his has gone then??? surely cant just vanish!!

starzzz Thu 18-Sep-08 16:41:14

Did you not notice that it didnt need washing?

Majeika Thu 18-Sep-08 16:42:06

I wouldnt notice either as ds doesnt bring his PE kit home! It isnt dirty so I refuse to wash it weekly.

starzzz Thu 18-Sep-08 16:42:52

I wonder where it has gone...

SmugColditz Thu 18-Sep-08 16:44:44

They bring their pe kit home at every half term and term end, so no, I didn't notice.

Dropdeadfred Thu 18-Sep-08 16:45:07

hw many lessons would he have missed so far? did he not remember you giving it to him? does he remember hanging it anywhere?

bundle Thu 18-Sep-08 16:45:29

ours only bring theirs home every half term too

lulumama Thu 18-Sep-08 16:46:45

YANBU. our PE kits only come every half term too

so the question is: where is his PE kit and why has the teacher not sent a note home or asked you before now?

debzmb62 Thu 18-Sep-08 16:47:05

first and formost speak to his teacher about this !! maybe its been put somewhere else other than where it should be have you looked in lost property ?? poor thing

n5rje Thu 18-Sep-08 16:48:36

YANBU - I would be mad too (and I only wash once a half term) Common sense would have suggested the teacher either mentions it to you or writes in his diary. Do you think they think you know but deliberately aren't sending a kit ?

starzzz Thu 18-Sep-08 16:50:23

Oooh you guys are lucky.. we get to wash ours every week!

SmugColditz Thu 18-Sep-08 16:50:56

he didn't even know he had a blasted bloody PE kit, and I've spoken a couple of times to the teacher about him not being happy to go to school - he enjoys pe and it could have made all the bloody difference. She could have said for fuck's sake, I was talking to her today about his upcoming CAMHS assessment, the LAST thing a five year old with trouble mixing needs is to be left out of PE because he lost his kit on the first day of term!

Now, Mumsnet, it's your job to turn me from NuclearMum into someone reasonable, how shall I word this to the teacher?

Niecie Thu 18-Sep-08 16:51:57

YANBU - quite apart from anything else they should have given him some spare kit. My DSs' school have spares which would then come home for washing if used and we'd find out that way.

SmugColditz Thu 18-Sep-08 16:52:11

They know he has communication difficulty (it's like prising water out of a stone) and he had assumed I knew all about him "not allowed to do PE" and just hadn't bothered with PE kit

OMFG I am so ludicrously cross. This was so easily FIXED!!!!!

bundle Thu 18-Sep-08 16:52:41

have you looked in lost property?

ours is bulging already

SmugColditz Thu 18-Sep-08 16:54:01

Well, no, because I didn't evenn know he wasn't doing PE in the kit I sent in 3 weeks ago until 4.30pm today!

I will look, but I want the teacher to know I AM Unimpressed with her lack of communication

n5rje Thu 18-Sep-08 16:54:36

starzzz - do they check on Monday mornings to see if its clean/sniff for fabric softener ?

We just take ours from the cloakroom when we want to wash them. If any of the DSs comes out of school with a PE bag I just go back in and hang it up again - maybe the teachers are trying to tell me something by sending the bags out.

Lauriefairycake Thu 18-Sep-08 17:05:27

attempt to look at it from her point of view (even if her point of view seems insane)

maybe she's thinking "ah, poor smugcolditz has enough going on with the assessment and everything and maybe she'll notice and remember soon or maybe she doesn't want him doing pe? Hmm.....I must ask her soon"

Unless she's awful (which you haven't said you have other probs with her or anything) approach her with the horror you have said "oh my god he's not been doing PE". She will probably be as irritated as you that this has come about without you both talking about it.

glitterball Thu 18-Sep-08 21:31:11

this happened with ds2 last year - we only get kits back at half term for washing so knew nothing until parents evening in early oct when his teacher said 'he should have his pe kit you know' yes i did know that was why i sent it in with him on the first day back hmm.

why she hadnt sent a note home before then, or phoned me, or mentioned it to my childminder, ive no idea. when she told me i was so shock i didnt even think to ask!

the pe kit turned up - fully labelled of course - on someone elses peg.

Starbear Thu 18-Sep-08 21:52:17

SmugColditz going in softly and assess her story. Maybe it's been one of those things she keeps trying to get around to but has stacks of other things. My DH is a teacher, does after school clubs and sports then comes home, to prepares lessons, book events, mark home work and send letters home sometimes until 10pm and every Sunday afternoon. Maybe she also tries to look after her own children. I know my DH hasn't got much time for us after that. He plans to write a letter to the head complaining about the work load but hasn't got the time. Please think before blowing up. Pls see my other thread on how cross I get with him about this.sad

mm22bys Thu 18-Sep-08 22:22:05

No YANBU. The school should not be excluding anyone for something like this, especially so early in the term. They should have let you know that he was "missing" his uniform.

My personal experience is that schools' communication is very poor. DS goes swimming on a Friday and not till this week did they let us know their uniform requirements. At least they did not exclude anyone (AFAIK).

I wonder where his kit is????

hatwoman Thu 18-Sep-08 22:30:51

could it be that general notes went out/got posted at the classroom door saying please can everyone send in pe kits - which , of course, you would have not taken any notice of? obvioulsy not as good as communicating with you directly - esp if he was the only one and if you;ve talked recently - but it's possible there was some attempt.

SmugColditz Fri 19-Sep-08 17:06:00

I simmered down, and went in to look for it myself, after explaining that he has got one and clearly it's lost. It was 2 pegs away from his own hmm so he clearly hasn't looked for it at all and neither has anyone else hmm

But it's sorted.

You can so tell he is my PFB, I have NO perspective where he is concerned, I have much more perspective with ds2!

bramblebooks Fri 19-Sep-08 17:16:02

My son came home today saying he's not been allowed to do pe as he hasn't had his pe top in school ... arrrrrgh! I put it all in last week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now