Talk

Advanced search

To think a plastic knife that squirts water is an unsuitable toy?

(7 Posts)
AmIWhatAndWhy Thu 18-Sep-08 13:07:31

We live by a fancy dress shop in South London.

The other day a group of boys were in there and I noticed one buying stink bombs (annoying but harmless) and a plastic water squirting knife. He and his friends were giggling over it outside when I left.

It's been irritating me but I'm too wussy to go and tell the shop owner that maybe this isn't such a good thing to be selling, especially to school boys in an area where knife crime is high. It just seems so wrong.

Am I being ott?

avenanap Thu 18-Sep-08 13:09:16

Did you see the sweet that was designed like a hyperdermic syringe? That's bad!

I don't think you are being OTT. These things shouldn't be lighthearted, they are not toys.

AmIWhatAndWhy Thu 18-Sep-08 13:10:49

I thought there were new regulations that meant thins that looked like real weapons couldn't be sold as toys anymore? This thing looked like a proper knife.

AmIWhatAndWhy Thu 18-Sep-08 13:11:21

avenanap, I haven't seen that but am shock

avenanap Thu 18-Sep-08 13:14:33

www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/nolan/rocketshots

Rather nasty!

Overmydeadbody Thu 18-Sep-08 13:17:26

Hmm, not sure what's so bad about the syringe, I usud to use them to give DS his medicine and he has one in his doctor's set?

The knife is different though, not nice if it looks like a fighting knife especially.

Overmydeadbody Thu 18-Sep-08 13:18:52

meant to add, DS now uses the old syringes to play in the bath and to suck up juice or water and then squirt it into his mouth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now