Talk

Advanced search

to get angry with mums that aren't there when their kids are misbehaving badly??

(21 Posts)
malu Wed 17-Sep-08 15:03:51

this hapenned on monday to my friend. A group of mums and children were playing in the park on the sand pit and there it comes along this 6 or 7 year old kid with his 10 year old sister and starts kiking sand all over the place to everybody, with the bad luck that he got to my friends little 3 year old..in her eyes. My friend approach him in a very polite manner to tell him to stop and that what he was doing wasnt right...Well..after a little while this little boy teenage sister appeared on the seen and starts pointing at my friend and all of a sudden the other little sister calls her the c word!!!! shocking!!!, it gets better, when we are leaving the park 10 minutes later we hear this woman calling out saying something like " did you shout to my kid?", she was sitting on a bench far away from where everything had hapened and wanted to have a go at my friend for not having approach her instead of talking to her kid...as i said she was not even close to the sand pit where everything happen...my friend tried to explain what had hapened with no success as this woman would not stop shouting....why do some people have to be so bloody rude? i wonder why some kids become agressive and rude with mums like that...

mumof2222222222222222boys Wed 17-Sep-08 15:12:28

shock

cupsoftea Wed 17-Sep-08 15:15:43

no wonder there are kids that behave awfully when they see their parent behave like this

malu Wed 17-Sep-08 15:23:47

we had to walk away but really you feel like going up to people like that and tell them a couple of things about parenting and responsabilities with children...i guess it would be a waste of time though...

FioFio Wed 17-Sep-08 15:30:16

Message withdrawn

Mum2OliverJames Wed 17-Sep-08 16:06:06

OMG if she thought you was being unreasonable she should have discussed with you what happened not just start shouting - sounds a bit rough tbh!

there is no way i would act like that in front of DS (or even not in front of him) because he will think that it is an appropriate way to act and its not!

V bloody rude!!!

malu Wed 17-Sep-08 16:12:21

we actually go to that park because its in a posh very lovely area....funny

Mum2OliverJames Wed 17-Sep-08 16:21:01

it has nothing to do with the area though i am afraid, there are bad eggs everywhere!

BTW i meant the ppl sound a bit rough not the park grin

nametaken Wed 17-Sep-08 16:22:13

they sound like a delightful family

TheCrackFox Wed 17-Sep-08 17:16:32

Unfortunately you get dysfunctional families everywhere - although where I live you get a much higher proportion.

YANBU but nothing will make these families change.

ethanchristopher Wed 17-Sep-08 17:32:00

that woman sounds like a bit of a...

<prepars to scarper> CHAV shock

you should have said that to her when she started shouting

malu Thu 18-Sep-08 09:37:56

ethanchristotopher,,i think the term chav is not quite acurate for people like that, i can think of many other ways of calling people like that.... the point is that if we had got involved in an argument with her it would have ended up badly. We didnt want to get involve in something like that while the kids were with us...appart from the fact that she had another two teenagers boys with her. My point is that if you leave your wild kids to play on their own unsupervised and they are nasty to other kids, dont get all agro about the fact that somebody is going to tell them off...isnt that right??

mrsruffallo Thu 18-Sep-08 09:51:29

Why chav? hmm

2beornot2be Thu 18-Sep-08 10:06:39

Malu its not wimbledon park is it. Ummm Maybe the Mother was not told the full story not that it gives her the right to scream and shout but for all you know her kids could of ran upto her said that your friend was shouting at them etc she may of been having a bad day and got annoyed that at the thought of your friend having ago at her children.

Ummmm to be fair If someone "told of my kids" I would be pretty peed off not that they would be holigans and run around unsupervised

malu Thu 18-Sep-08 10:14:46

well...my point is that when i go to the park i do take care of my daughter, that doesnt mean im glued to her all the time but i keep an eye on her and see what she's doing. that woman was sitting about 100 metrres from the playground bit, away from her boy, and as i said when she asked my friend if she had shouted and her kid and my friend started to explain what had hapened she wasnt really interested on listening, to me she is a lazy thick stupid woman, and thats that.
i know the kid probably said something different but if she had been there or even close she wouldve known the truth

Peachy Thu 18-Sep-08 10:19:58

Thats just a scrote family (chav is a term for a group of people most of whom are fine; scrote as a term only includes people who behave like this- far fairer if terribly judgemental).

We have them here, last year their 10 year old hurt my sn then- 3 year old; she hurled amssive abuse at us when he poked her ds back and as we left i disgust the whole family includng kids were gving s the finger yelling ' f off you w''''rs'. Now forgive me but if my kids used that language i'd not only be angry, i'd be ashamed.

So we dont go to that pub any more, shame as was nice but hey ho.

Overmydeadbody Thu 18-Sep-08 10:20:36

malu the problem is, there will always be parents like this whi simply do not give a monkeys what their children do. And, as you saw, it's no wonder the children behaved so appalingly with role models like that!

Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

OrmIrian Thu 18-Sep-08 10:21:27

I agree with you malu. I am fairly hands-off with my DCs, ie I'd be happy to let them play more or less unsupervised but I am confident enough in their upbringing so far that I trust them to behave reasonably and I know they would be super-careful around little children. My 5yr old I'd not be so sure about as yet so I'd keep a careful eye on him.

I wouldn't like to think of anything telling me DCs off either, but I'd be more concerned that they'd upset anyone than that another adult had spoken to them. And I certainly wouldn't react by shouting at the adult. In fact my DCs would be so embarrassed that it had happened they probably would keep schtum hmm

blueshoes Thu 18-Sep-08 10:27:31

malu, from your description, it sounds like this woman is spoiling for a fight. A bit like her dc really (or really the other way round). So you and your friend would do well to just keep a wide breast. It is not worth it and you will be wasting your breath.

I frequently go to the playground at Greenwich park with my dcs, which though is smack in the middle of a leafy posh area, will have a mix of parents/children from different social and economic classes. some of these children are unsupervised - you know them when you see them - but I have yet to have an encounter such a rude parent as well. I have given a firm word to the odd child in the sandpit before.

blueshoes Thu 18-Sep-08 10:41:22

wide berth!

2beornot2be Thu 18-Sep-08 10:45:23

I don't agree with what the other woman did at all but it is a hard sitution to be in I remember taking my God daughter swimming when she was 2 and a rude little Sh*t kept splashing her and shouting get the dirty P*ki out of the pool even thou my GD is mixed race black I wanted to drown the little bastard but decided to speak to the mother and she was just as rude but sometimes your find the kids just being rude because there parents are not around and its best to speak to try and speak to the parents before you tell someone elses child off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now