Talk

Advanced search

To think my brother is being a bit of a dick (in an exasperated way...)

(10 Posts)
ChirpyGirl Tue 16-Sep-08 19:42:11

Little bro has just moved in with long term girlfriend, they are both online geeks, he has started a facebook group that anyone can join with his new address in prime place for everyone to see, no privacy settings nothing.

Is that not a bit of a fuckwit thing to do (considering he is very big on his sport and has v expensive equipment constantly around, which you can see all over his facebook page) or am I overreacting as a big sis...?
Discuss...

cheshirekitty Tue 16-Sep-08 19:48:36

The scousers are coming......

greenandpleasant Tue 16-Sep-08 19:49:37

yes he's being daft. have you suggested that he change the privacy settings or remove his address from the page?

nickytwotimes Tue 16-Sep-08 19:50:07

What cheshirekitty?
ChirpyGirl, I agree with you that it is a silly thing to do, not just for the fear of theft but for ID fraud, etc.

RiojaLover75 Tue 16-Sep-08 19:51:13

Erm....

Yes he's being a dick! That's the last thing you want to do, next thing he'll post that he and his girlfriend are going on holiday.........

You know what's coming next!

Never, never put personal detail on the net for every Tom, Dick or Harry to see.

ChirpyGirl Tue 16-Sep-08 20:01:03

Thank you! I have been accused of 'overreacting' 'Who would care about our address' etc etc.

Am seriously trempted to bring in the wrath of mummy! (ours, not megrin)
They go on holiday a lot (being childless and working, the gits) so what riojalover said is what I was thinking, hadn't even though of id fraud, even though their full names and addresses are now on the site...dur...

flourybaps Tue 16-Sep-08 20:07:51

yanbu

he is being bit silly. i have just had to cancel my cards as someone has been buying stuff over the internet with them, god knows how they got my details but they did, the bastards..........

angry

KnickersOnMaHead Tue 16-Sep-08 20:34:58

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Tue 16-Sep-08 20:36:12

YANBU

ChirpyGirl Wed 17-Sep-08 19:19:28

Called my mum and grassed him up, but she pointed out she knows nothing about 'Myface' (bless her) so texted him myself. (not answering phone)

Got a text back today saying 'Oh, hadn't thought of that, I haven't got anything in my name there yet so will take it down when I do'

I can't be related to someone that dim, really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now