Talk

Advanced search

To think smoking should be BANNED???

(286 Posts)
Mum2OliverJames Tue 16-Sep-08 17:27:43

Or it at least should be taken back into the pubs where it doesnt effect me, they cant all sit together in their deseise ridden smoke.

I am SOOO sick of walking behind someone who is smoking or walking through their putrid cloud of smoke, i hate it for my DS to, the smell makes me SICK, and i mean it actually makes me feel like i want to vomit!

Why cant smokers just realise how much they stink, you can smell a smoker a mile off.

I also hate how when someone speaks to you in the street, if they are smoking they will put their cigerette behind their back whilst talking to DS, like that stops him from breathing in you cancer fumes!!!

I think if someone is going to smoke they should at least do it where its not going to have an effect on anybody else (like in their own homes)

angry angry angry angry angry angry

i dont think iabu, i think the smokers are v. much bu to expect everybody else to put up with their disgustingness - i think its v selfish.

expatinscotland Tue 16-Sep-08 17:28:39

YABU

Not another one of these threads!

Lauriefairycake Tue 16-Sep-08 17:28:48

yabu

it's an addiction

have some empathy ffs

southeastastra Tue 16-Sep-08 17:29:14

oh eff off

mrsruffallo Tue 16-Sep-08 17:29:57

YABU
Non smokers die every day

lulumama Tue 16-Sep-08 17:30:11

YABU

human rights, innit?

also, car emissions fairly toxic

SheikYerbouti Tue 16-Sep-08 17:30:31

<sparks up>

Anyone want one?

<proffers B&H>

forevercleaning Tue 16-Sep-08 17:30:36

YABU I love a fag I do

forevercleaning Tue 16-Sep-08 17:32:09

thanks sheik, anyonbe else want one, i have 1000 marlborough reds in my kitchen, great cos DH works abroad and gets them a great prices.

Mum2OliverJames Tue 16-Sep-08 17:32:20

The only people that would think i abu are filthy smokers themselves
DONT MAKE MY CHILD BREATHE YOUR SMOKE!!!

zippitippitoes Tue 16-Sep-08 17:32:42

there are worse things

too many street lights for example and other light pollution

lulumama Tue 16-Sep-08 17:33:10

i don't smoke

forevercleaning Tue 16-Sep-08 17:33:20

you may be wearing some stinky perfume, that my child wont want to breathe in but I wouldnt tell you not to wear it

Mum2OliverJames Tue 16-Sep-08 17:33:56

I hate it when i see a mum with a child in one hand and a fag in the other, its disgusting!
you should be ashamed of yourselves!

expatinscotland Tue 16-Sep-08 17:34:25

i don't smoke, OP.

And i still think YABU.

bellabelly Tue 16-Sep-08 17:34:38

Are you having a bad day?

expatinscotland Tue 16-Sep-08 17:34:55

get over yourself, M2OJ.

how's that for unreasonable?

crokky Tue 16-Sep-08 17:35:00

YANBU!

SheikYerbouti Tue 16-Sep-08 17:35:50

Your child isn't going to develop cancer from a few bits of passive smoking outside.

Mum2OliverJames Tue 16-Sep-08 17:36:01

i dont think stinky perfume even touches all the nastiness in cigarettes, dont try and justify yourself like that because you dont have the self control to quit!

DanJARMouse Tue 16-Sep-08 17:36:21

yawn

AIBU to think ALCOHOL should be banned?

Hows that?!

forevercleaning Tue 16-Sep-08 17:36:29

FYI i do not smoke around my children. But if i did, i would be none of your business.

FrockHorror Tue 16-Sep-08 17:36:32

Yawn

MaureenMLove Tue 16-Sep-08 17:36:55

I'm quite offended that you refer to people as filthy smokers actually! Do you have any vices yourself? I don't eat chocolate on the scale that some people do, but that doesn't give me the right to call them big fat pigs, does it?

lulumama Tue 16-Sep-08 17:36:59

do you drive? children have to breathe in those fumes? do you eat peanut butter? you could breathe on someone with an allergy and give them a severe reaction? do you drink when you have your children with you and breathe your alcohol breath all over them? do you let them eat saturated fats, aspartame and artifical colours and flavours..

do you see what i am getting at

no good vilifying smokers alone, so many things that are potentially toxic and carcinogenic and dangerous out there

although i agree that smoking when pregnant and near newborns is really a bad idea.

but it is an addiction and people need help to quit, rather than being told they are dirty, disgusting and basically, lepers

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now