poshtottie Sun 14-Sep-08 16:45:30

Its a small enclosed play area for the under 6's. angry

DoubleBluff Sun 14-Sep-08 16:47:23

how sad. I hate littering.

mazzystar Sun 14-Sep-08 16:49:34

its awful
like that in our local park too
fag ends and dog poo as well
a group of locals do a clean up every month or so [mainly with the intention of shaming the council into Getting Things Sorted] but its not enough

bloomingfedup Sun 14-Sep-08 17:14:47

angry Thats yuk!

ethanchristopher Sun 14-Sep-08 19:23:21

lol at doublebluff

"i hate littering"

because condoms and crisp packets are on the same level

thankfully i live in a small villiage and there are no teenagers in the little park

the bigger park is like that though - needles too.

crokky Sun 14-Sep-08 19:30:08

Round here we have totally enclosed areas for use by 2-6 year olds. They contain dog poo, broken glass, beer bottles etc etc. I've bought one of those little slides from toys r us and put it in our garden. It stresses me out too much going to these parks so I don't go sad. My DS is only 2 and I can't inspect every piece of ground/apparatus he goes on, esp with 6 month old in tow. IME these areas are used by teenagers drinking etc, although I have seen a bloke with a dog (no kids) go into an enclosed area, sit on the bench with a book and let his dog roam the enclosed area (meant for 2-6 year olds with dogs clearly BANNED!!!)

crokky Sun 14-Sep-08 19:31:06

Oh and just to add - OP - I wouldn't pick up the condoms! ick!

noonki Sun 14-Sep-08 19:39:17

I always shouted at some kids today to get their kids out of the under - fives bit,

I explained to them that my DS2 keeps falling over and they apologised!

it is disgusting though, ring and complain to your MP

noonki Sun 14-Sep-08 19:39:40

( sorry -don't always shout!)

poshtottie Sun 14-Sep-08 19:46:11

I did use something to pick up the condom. Better I do it than someone's toddler.

One of the reasons I moved to the area was that it had this little park. I can't stand the fact teenagers are hanging out here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now