Talk

Advanced search

To be fed up of being pregnant already and want to sleep until my baby is born?

(19 Posts)
bloomingfedup Sun 14-Sep-08 15:31:09

I have just found out I am Pregnant.smile
I am delighted and this pregnancy is very wanted. I am 12 weeks BTW. But I am so fed up of feeling drained and ill. I just want to sleep until my lo is born.

mrsgboring Sun 14-Sep-08 15:44:36

I think this should be offered as an option on the NHS, personally.

Hassled Sun 14-Sep-08 15:46:47

Congratulations - and yes, I never really went through the blooming stage with any of mine. You have lots of sympathy here.

bloomingfedup Sun 14-Sep-08 15:46:52

LOL mrsg grin

bumbling Sun 14-Sep-08 15:48:07

I hd that but it went around 4 months so stick in there just in case. I really enjoyed 4-8 at which point I got so huge that my ankles interrupted trasffic flow and I couldn't go more than 100 yards without having a bit of a sit down.

TheHedgeWitch Sun 14-Sep-08 15:48:22

Message withdrawn

bloomingfedup Sun 14-Sep-08 15:51:20

It's like I knew it would be hard (have other DC) but I did'nt KNOW.IYSWIM.grin

ipanemagirl Sun 14-Sep-08 15:54:46

Well I'm due today and I feel the same! I just wish I'd used my gloriously energetic 2nd trimester to get some of the crap done that I'm still trying to do today!!! Then I could just go to bed and wait!! My fault...

Hassled Sun 14-Sep-08 16:00:19

In my experience (and other women I've talked to about it), the more pregnancies you have the crapper you feel. With DC4 I just felt sick and tired for 9 months - I put it down to my advancing years at the time but StepSis (much younger than me) felt the same with her fourth. You'd think your body would have got used to the pregnancy lark, but no.

ipanemagirl - good luck

bloomingfedup Sun 14-Sep-08 16:00:23

ipan

Good luck with the birth and your new bubba.smile Can't your to do list wait? make the most of your freedom and have a kip.grin As for an energetic 2nd trimester - I am envy as i'm starting to think that this won't happen for me (as with 1st DC) Boohoo!!!!sad

ipanemagirl Sun 14-Sep-08 16:05:09

Thanks Blooming and Hassled!

I'm ancient and am amazed at how easy my 2nd trimester was, I wish the list could wait but my mil who is perfect and I adore her, I just can't put her in the guest room of dust and chaos.......
I just need that room straight and I can begin to tell bump it is welcome to arrive whenever it likes instead of being constantly told "not yet! not yet!"

I have fantasies of having got all my jobs done and going on lovely strolls with dh and ds and to the cinema and just killing gentle time together rather than this nervous waddling about with attendant panting and groaning!

OP for many the 2nd trim is better! fingers crossed for you! How I miss mine!!!

AnnVan Sun 14-Sep-08 16:20:31

If it only gets worse with subsequent pregnancies then I am never doing this again! Hyperemesis (for months) SPD heartburn, insomnia, restless legs and the list goes on. Now overdue by two weeks.

ethanchristopher Sun 14-Sep-08 16:32:39

lol i think the nhs should offer a deal... if we carry the baby then dh/p should give birth

or vice versa

either way the pain is shared

AnathemaDevice Sun 14-Sep-08 19:52:33

I'm 13 weeks with sprog number 1. I've already told DH that it's his turn to be pregnant next time grin
I wasn't expecting everything to be wonderful, but I didn't think I'd feel this bad. I just keep telling myself that a) it's not forever and b) it'll be worth it in the end.

everlong Sun 14-Sep-08 20:52:52

You will soon perk up.....

EsmeWeatherwax Sun 14-Sep-08 21:09:47

Christ no, YANBU. I am eight weeks at the moment and I want to just sob all the time, because I feel so awful. I swear I'm getting my tubes tied when I've popped this one out. I forgot how much I truly loathed being pregnant, and given that dd is only 18mo, you'd think that would be quite difficult.

bloomingfedup Sun 14-Sep-08 21:28:17

im glad i'm not alone.grin my house is a state, my dh is neglected, my kids have'nt had much quality time with me in weeks.ahhhhhhhh.roll on march.

MutantSpaceGoat Sun 14-Sep-08 21:30:57

congrats! yabu - i would give my left leg to be in your position. the next 6 months will pass and you will have a beautiful baby and get that weird broodiness straight away.

bloomingfedup Sun 14-Sep-08 23:55:48

Thanks Spacegoat.smile I know you're right but will still moan -sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now