Talk

Advanced search

To expect my parents not to frighten the Crap out of my DH and Leave a bloody message?

(14 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Sat 13-Sep-08 23:20:00

Message withdrawn

mrsruffallo Sat 13-Sep-08 23:22:44

Maybe your dad thought it wasn't important enough a query to leave a message?

I think ringing your dad is a bit ott

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 13-Sep-08 23:23:04

Awwww

Old Folk cannot deal with answerphones like us young 'uns. Hence the lack of messages, which would not normally be a problem except that DH is on tenterhooks for you atm.

YABU

Sorry

fryalot Sat 13-Sep-08 23:24:17

YANBU.

parents have no idea of the worry they cause!

A few years ago, I crashed my mum's car. I'd taken a wrong turning and got lost, I didn't know the roads and I managed to have an almost head on with another car.

I was perfectly fine and unhurt but the car was totalled.

I had been on my way to meet dp for lunch, so I asked my mum to ring the place he was at and just leave a message saying "squonk won't be able to make it to lunch" and NOT to tell him I had been in an accident. She said she would do this.

She asked me where I was and I said I hadn't a clue, but the bloke I had hit was sorting out tow trucks and stuff so it wasn't a problem.

My bloody mother then rang dp, got someone to interrupt his meeting to say there was an urgent phone call for him, told him that I had smashed the car up, it was completely written off and I was obviously disorientated as I didn't know where I was (I was fucking LOST fgs!) and that he wasn't to worry.

huh?

anyway, YANBU at all.

(did they manage to get the dog biscuits? wink)

FAQ Sat 13-Sep-08 23:24:42

ditto what mrsfuffallo says - I do think YABU - why did your DH panic so much? Surely if it was you/something important you'd have tried to ring again??

I wouldn't leave a message if I was ringing someone about something like that and they didn't answer the phone.

WingsofaAngel Sat 13-Sep-08 23:27:15

Maybe he should have left a message.
Hearing the answerphone on Dh's phone might have scared the cr*p out of your Dad too.

TheHedgeWitch Sat 13-Sep-08 23:28:50

Message withdrawn

fryalot Sat 13-Sep-08 23:31:44

if they get pissed off when people don't leave messages, then they should deffo have left a message for you.

Even if it just said "by the time you hear this we'll have sorted it, but helloooooo anyway"

TheHedgeWitch Sat 13-Sep-08 23:31:47

Message withdrawn

ScottishMummy Sat 13-Sep-08 23:33:16

did they get the dawg biscuits then?hey congratulations on pg,dont fall out over this

dont berate your dad. anyhoo chances are he wont switch his phone on and he still wont leave message

mrsruffallo Sat 13-Sep-08 23:35:30

Why did your husband get so upset?

WingsofaAngel Sat 13-Sep-08 23:38:53

Ok so know a bit more back ground.

Yes they should have left a message.

My Dad didn't like phones and I could have understood him not leaving a message.

TheHedgeWitch Sat 13-Sep-08 23:39:08

Message withdrawn

TheHedgeWitch Sat 13-Sep-08 23:43:16

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now