Talk

Advanced search

Right, yes, I probably am but I am f*cking p*ssed off and fed up with other people's stupidity (especially dh) and starting to wonder if i am in fact a genius surrounded by fucking morons.

(50 Posts)
theSuburbanDryad Sat 13-Sep-08 15:49:44

Ds and I are supposed to be going away tomorrow abroad with my parents. I had hoped that dh would take ds out this morning and get the shopping so I could get our holiday packing done but he had to do some video thing for work, so i took ds out to tesco while he did his did work.

Tesco on a Saturday with toddler in tow is not pleasant - even though ds was spectacularly well behaved and only had one minor meltdown because i wouldn't let him eat the bananas until we'd paid for them - but parking OMFG what a nightmare!?!? As usual there were no P&T spaces so I just parked right at the back of the car park where there were no other cars and thought that would be ok because no one would park close because they were all hovering round the P&T spaces and the spaces near the door trying to park. Ha!! I thought. The fools!

So I managed to do all my shopping and got back to the car only to find another car parked diagonally across the space next to mine, so close that I couldn't get ds into his car seat. There were cars circling round the whole the time so I couldn't even back out and then get him in and had 4 big bags of shopping to put down anyway. angry I mean WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!?! Did they look at my car and think, "Oh look, a baby seat, I know - I'll park really fucking close to the passenger door, making it extra hard to get the kid in! What a laugh!!" There were about 15 other spaces they could've parked in WHY PARK RIGHT NEXT TO MINE?!?!?!?!?!!?!? angry

Anyway, so I get home, having calmed down, and dh is there staring blankly at his laptop, and i go, "Have you finished your work stuff?" (We'd been gone over 2 hours so I assumed he'd had loads of time to do the thing) And he goes, "No - I've barely even started."

Cue me practically exploding with rage at him - it's bad enough that he has to work on a Saturday anyway, never mind a Saturday which I could really use his help with ds on - but then he spends the time i give him to work wanking about and not doing the work he's supposed to be doing. FOR FUCKS SAKE!! Is he some kind of blithering idiot or does he do it on purpose to make sure he has to do minimum effort with ds and housework etc?

So - he offers to take ds out to the park (about 3 hours too late, but better late than never, eh?) and he says, "Is there anything you need me to get while I'm out?" And I say, "Oooh, actually, I forgot to get pudding for tomorrow's lunch, can you pop to Sainsbury's while you're out and get an apple pie and some cream or something?" And he just looks at me blankly and goes, "Why - are your parents coming for lunch?"

I try to explain to him - not controlling my rage very well at all - that no, my parents ARE NOT FUCKING COMING FOR LUNCH TOMORROW the lunch event that we are hosting tomorrow is for Mars, you know, the doula, the thing that's been on the calendar for nigh on a month and the THING I REMINDED YOU ABOUT THIS FUCKING MORNING!!!

Right - so here's the thing. I don't have a problem remembering what I'm doing (most of the time!) Yes - sometimes I make mistakes, but on the whole I can manage to remember where I need to be and when and - for the large part - why. I don't simply forget something someone's told me that morning. I don't just park diagonally in the car park - and if i do have to park close to someone i make sure there aren't baby blinds or a car seat in the back. It's not hard is it? I'm not a genius! I'm a normal person - why can I manage it and the rest of the world not? And why why WHY can dh not see how frustrating it is for me when he fucks things up for me when i'm really stressed and hormonal and pregnant at the best of times?

I'm perfectly willing to be told i'm being unreasonable. I'm perfectly willing to be told to get a life and stop ranting and go and do some farking packing.

But - I do feel better for this massive rant. smile

(Sorry)

SuperPsychoTrollSlayer Sat 13-Sep-08 15:52:34

<<puts down stakes and any other weaponry>>

<<hug>>

there there, calm down, stress is no good for you altho a good rant is good

Gobbledigook Sat 13-Sep-08 15:53:49

YANBU

You sound exactly like me - I, too, am an average person who seems to be able to control and organise 99% of what needs organising in this household, all within a timely manner, holding important facts in my head without forgetting them...the list is endless.

I, too, am surrounding by people living in a bubble, I'm sure of it. Dh, bless him, he is great and I wouldn't swap him but he a prize f*ckwit at times.

theSuburbanDryad Sat 13-Sep-08 15:54:20

<<fights hugs>> I don't wanna be hugged!! I wanna fight! I want someone to come on here and tell me i'm being unreasonable and why couldn't i have blah blah blah and then i'll have another big rant at them!!!

<<still fuming>>

Cammelia Sat 13-Sep-08 15:54:55

tsd, I long ago stopped going to supermarkets on a Saturday. Haven't been to one on a Saturday in years.

Its just NOT WORTH IT

grin

ladytophamhatt Sat 13-Sep-08 15:55:01

Oi....Thicko

theSuburbanDryad Sat 13-Sep-08 15:55:05

And if anyone - and that means YOU top hat lady - comes on here and says, "It's a man thing," I will quite literally combust!

SuperPsychoTrollSlayer Sat 13-Sep-08 15:55:23

fine then

<<hands over a stake>>

we go slay instead then??

ilovetochat Sat 13-Sep-08 15:55:47

that was so funny, pmsl, yanbu, men practice that blank look to get out of things. pack your clothes, babys clothes and when he asks about his stuff just look blank. grin

Joolyjoolyjoo Sat 13-Sep-08 15:56:07

YANBU- supermarket car parks and supermarkets do something to my nerve endings too. I generally shop online, but every now and then I think, "ach, I'll just pop down, it can't be that bad, can it?" And it always IS that bad- just as you describe.And I always come home harassed and crabbit.

And husbands are very infuriating when they do the bewildered "How would I know about anything that goes on in our house?" thing. My Dh made a series of phone calls yesterday, and in EVERY ONE he had to ask me what our phone no and post code were- every blummin time!

You and I must truly be the only sane people in the world (or at least at the supermarket!)

theSuburbanDryad Sat 13-Sep-08 15:56:26

Camm - i work on Fridays and didn't have the car Wed or Thurs (which is a whole OTHER trauma) and didn't fancy doing a big pre-holiday shop on the Tube. And left it too late to online order - stupid stupid me...angry @ myself now too!

Imnotok Sat 13-Sep-08 15:56:27

I feel exactly the same as you today ,I too am surrounded by fucking morons especially my dp who is been a twat of the highest order , and thinks he has done me a massive favour for watching the dc for an hour while I had a nap because all I am so worn out I am actually crying with tiredness.
I have had it easy according to him because I went shopping with ds (I set off a 9am to avoid the rush) I only went shopping because ds needed new trainers and clothes I then trudged round a nightmare supermarket and have come back with something for everyone else apart from me hmm.
Oh and to top it all over I was supposed to be getting married tomorrow but due to dp been an arse last year and us almost splitting up it got cancelled and dp dosen't understand why I am so upset

Imnotok Sat 13-Sep-08 15:57:29

Sorry just had a massive rant on your thread blush.

YANBU.

theSuburbanDryad Sat 13-Sep-08 15:57:30

ilove - i wish i could but he's not coming unfortunately.

Carmenere Sat 13-Sep-08 15:59:08

Oh you poor love, you sound a little upset <understatement>. You need a cup of tea and a lounge around on the sofa for an hour. I know Mars and she would be horrified to think that her lunch was causing you any extra stress. Re-energise and ask your dh to help. you will be fine, everything will get done.

theSuburbanDryad Sat 13-Sep-08 15:59:52

imnotok - WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF THEM? I know lots of men who manage to organise their lives - i know SAHD's who run the house and children very successfully. But the wives and partners of the SAHD's who are the main breadwinners don't just float about in a daze - they are on the ball and willing to (if not organise themselves) then will happily BE organised and will co-operate!

Sparkletastic Sat 13-Sep-08 16:00:28

TSD - I nearly went for my DH on Friday for forgetting to put DD1's lunch money in her bag and forgetting DD2's nappy bag for playgroup after I'd reminded him to do both just as I left the house for work shortly beforehand. I rarely ask him to drop the DDs off at school and playgroup and THIS IS WHY!! I ranted at him about how his fuckwittage must be deliberate so I won't ask him to do anything blah de blah then I suddenly ran out of steam and poured us both a large glass of wine instead. This option is not available to you in your delicate condition. Chocolate binge?

Really feel your pain on the wankers in car parks - have had to post small children into babysits from the wrong side of the car due to that on many occasions.

Still - you want a fight so YABU.

theSuburbanDryad Sat 13-Sep-08 16:00:56

It's not Marsy that's causing the stress at all - I had everything planned for today!

To be completely and utterly and totally fair it's dh's work which is causing all the stress, but if dh organised his time better there wouldn't be so much stress!

FabioBigBangBlackHole Sat 13-Sep-08 16:01:13

why were you doing a supermarket shop if you're going on holiday tomorrow, er, soon after lunch with Mars?

[confused and slightly dim cat]

YANBU

nearly everyone in the whole wide world is a total cockwit

hope offending car got a good ding and a keying

Cammelia Sat 13-Sep-08 16:01:58

Sympathy to Imnotok as well

FabioBigBangBlackHole Sat 13-Sep-08 16:04:58

<winds warmly around the ankles of those Geniii Surrounded By Twats>

It's the gravity/IQ thing.
Morons are pulled toward the competent.

Imnotok Sat 13-Sep-08 16:06:23

Thankyou Cammelia
TSD hope you manage to have a nice relaxing break anyway grin.

theSuburbanDryad Sat 13-Sep-08 16:07:19

Fabio - tomorrow was the only day Mars could come over for lunch (i promised her a roast!) and she wants to meet dh and make sure he is ok with my homebirth plans and to meet us and blah blah blah. We are sailing on the night boat to Holland and won't need to leave the house till around half 5 which gives us plenty of time to have a delicious roast lunch and I won't have to wash up cause dh can do when he gets home from seeing us to the station. See? Simple plan. Yet effective (or it would be, if i was surrounded by FUCKING MORONS!!)

And oh - how I wished i could've keyed the car. But I just couldn't. Fucking guilt. angry

ladytophamhatt Sat 13-Sep-08 16:07:37

I just had a thought.....

I think it might just be a man thing.

<dons hard hat to protect head from exploding dryads>

theSuburbanDryad Sat 13-Sep-08 16:09:40

Oh, LTH - NOW look what you've done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now