Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be bloody angry at this driver?

(12 Posts)
Flower3554 Sat 13-Sep-08 15:16:52

Dh and I went out for a pub lunch today.

Afterwards we went outside to wait for our taxi and we sat on the little wall which fronts the car park.

I had the lo in her car seat on the wall beside me and this huge car pulled into the car park and slowly, very slowly, pulled up behind me hitting my back.

WTF!!!! the car park wasn't full so he could have parked in any one of a dozen places BTW but thats not the point.

As I leaped to my feet and turned round he and his passenger were laughing their heads offangry

If I hadn't had a hold of the car seat god knows what could have happened.

Dh wanted to punch this blokes lights out, and the more I stew about it I wish I'd let him nowangry

MrsSnape Sat 13-Sep-08 15:19:08

shock

YANBU I would have been fuming. I have a really dodgy back to start with and the slightest bump hurts. What an idiot. Did you get his reg. number?

Flower3554 Sat 13-Sep-08 15:21:51

No, wish i had though cos my back is killing me now.

Why on earth would anyone park actually touching a brick wall shock

MrsSnape Sat 13-Sep-08 15:25:54

They wouldn't, he's only done that to hit you in the back with the car. Interesting he didn't choose your DH though...probably because he knew he'd get a kicking for it so "picked on the little woman". I am livid on your behalf!

Flower3554 Sat 13-Sep-08 15:30:15

Thank you MrsS, much appreciatedsmile

What makes the situation farcial is that they were all done up in wedding gear, flower in buttonhole etc so they were obviously heading for the church next to the pub which doesn't have a car park!

sarah293 Sat 13-Sep-08 15:31:00

Message withdrawn

TheInvisibleManDidIt Sat 13-Sep-08 15:38:01

Oh my god!

Definately report them. Ifthey didn't even bother checking you're ok I think the police would treat it as a hit and run?

Hope u & ur lo are ok.

edam Sat 13-Sep-08 15:40:07

Flower, I do hope you got his details or the pub has CCTV. Pain suggests you may have been injured. This shit-for-brains must be reported before he does it again.

CaptainUnderpants Sat 13-Sep-08 15:47:44

If you can , go back to the pub and see if car still there, get reg no , also check out to see if any CCTV in area.

What has happened is actually a road accident - ' damage , injury to someone else other than driver of vehcile etc etc' .

You could go along to the police staion and report the matter as he has ' hit & run' as it looks like he knoew he hurt you and didn't give you any details and buggered off.

Go and see Gp straight away on Monday to get injuries noted ,go back to scene and take photos .

Flower3554 Sat 13-Sep-08 18:13:22

Thanks everyone. I have telephoned the pub who say their cctv is on the other side of the buildingshock and only shows the back and front of the pub not the car park.

According to the manager they have a sign up which says customers park at their own risk so they see no need to have one overlooking the car park area.

I think if our taxi hadn't arrived when it did, within a moment or two of the incident, I would have thought about reg number, too late now I'm afraid.

imananny Sat 13-Sep-08 18:17:59

that sign normally means own risk to someone hitting/stealing from your car NOT at being at risk of a twat hitting you.

Maybe they are regular customers, and might be worth asking pub owner if he knows trhe car/people?

Hope you havent done any damage to your back x

damn shame he didnt hit the wall and crashed his car, rather than hit you

sarah293 Sun 14-Sep-08 07:34:01

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now