Talk

Advanced search

To be completly pissed off at this

(18 Posts)
yummymummy1405 Fri 12-Sep-08 19:13:15

Have just started potty training ds 28months and i get an email from my mum. with an article attached about how boys in particular take longer to potty train and her saying i shouldnt force the issue if he isnt ready and arent pull ups the best idea especially if he is at pre school

*smoke comes out of ears*

He hasnt even been potty taining a week but does take himself off if he needs it some of the time and only needs a gentle reminder if he doesnt. he wears pull ups at night and pants through the day with very few accidents. 2 today i think.

am just a bit mad as potty training can be very hard especially when you have so many people telling you are wrong for teh method you are using etc.

Right rant over!

BouncingTurtle Fri 12-Sep-08 19:16:04

YABU
She is trying to be helpful. Just say thanks for the tips and do your own thing, sounds like you are doing a great job anyway.

ethanchristopher Fri 12-Sep-08 19:16:16

ignore your mother

tell her if shes got a problem to change all his nappies

traceybath Fri 12-Sep-08 19:17:44

She's just trying to help i guess and your DS is young to potty train although i did mine at that age too.

Just smile and ignore.

Uriel Fri 12-Sep-08 19:18:32

YAB a little U.

Sounds like she's trying to be helpful.

yummymummy1405 Fri 12-Sep-08 19:20:01

lol thank u for the reality check! we have quite a strained relationship at best and her interfrence help comes up more often than i would like!

mum2oneloudbaby Fri 12-Sep-08 19:20:50

YANBU. not at the potty training stage yet but i think the whole other people butting in thing applies to parenting full stop.

i waited until 6mths to wean dd and i could quite happily have slapped MIL everytime she asked me why i hadn't weaned her yet angry!

now she is weaned it's why doesn't she eat this that and the other. i've given up explaing about salt intake etc. it's just not worth it!

i nod smile and ignore her - very irritating though

bumbling Fri 12-Sep-08 19:21:16

YANBU! My mother's just like that. Doesn't matter what I do or how I choose to do it somehow I'm wrong. If I'm worried I shouldn't be and everything DS does is not to her liking somehow or other. Fume away as far as I'm concerned. Stuff 'em that's what I say, though easier said than done obviously. At least know that you're not alone!

yummymummy1405 Fri 12-Sep-08 19:24:36

LOL mumofone and bumbling i am going to try sooo hard to not do it to my kids.....time will tell grin

JuneBugJen Fri 12-Sep-08 19:27:57

I know that I personally am going to be a knowitall fountain of childrearing knowledge to my dcs when I am a grandma.

Cant wait!

mum2oneloudbaby Fri 12-Sep-08 19:28:03

you'll do it grin even if it's only once - the same as one day we will all utter that dreaded sentence ...

...why does all music sound the same nowadays!

yummymummy1405 Fri 12-Sep-08 19:29:45

LMAO all so true! hes only juststarted pre schol and aleady i can tell nogirl is ever going to be good enugh for him EVER grin

bumbling Fri 12-Sep-08 19:37:59

I've spent most of my adult life vowing not to be like my mother. If I can't achieve that as a grandmother as well as a mother I'll slit my wrists. Don't tell me I'll utter a single sentence and sound like her or Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.

JuneBugJen Fri 12-Sep-08 19:43:03

Not even baby Shilo yummymummy?

yummymummy1405 Fri 12-Sep-08 19:48:54

especially baby shilo *narrows eyes searching for vixenous baby girls*

Yanda Fri 12-Sep-08 20:07:09

Suri? She is more his age.....wink

yummymummy1405 Fri 12-Sep-08 20:30:53

No no no! keep the jezabels at bay LMAO

yummymummy1405 Fri 12-Sep-08 20:30:54

No no no! keep the jezabels at bay LMAO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now